• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GSO > GTS ?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
4,916
What is the difference between a Nvidia GTS, and a GSO card? It's my understanding that LE<vanilla<GT<GTS<Ultra . Where does the GSO fall?
 
if you remember in the 7 series when they used the vanilla, GS, GT.. well GS is now GSO.. pretty much the easiest way to remember where it sits..
 
The gts confusion only happened cuz they switched chips midstream.

Vanilla < GTS 320MB < GTS 640MB < GT < GTS 512MB < GTX

Because the GTS 512MB is a G92 chip while the 320MB/640MB is the G80 chip..
 
LE/XT < Vanilla < GS/GSO < GT < GTS < GTX < Ultra < GX2/dual gpu cards

This can be followed quite accurately with the exception of the 8800 series, just like how ati's 4770 is faster than the 4830 for example.
 
Yea the naming schemas aren't always the most descriptive, especially when they change stuff. You just got to know your shit and look at benchmarks. But the 8800GTS 512 is almost as powerful as a 8800GTX. But it uses a different chip. So better is relative. How much better is the question. Just like mid-range of a new gen isn't necessarily as powerful as a higher range of the old gen. Like a 8600GT to a 7800GT, etc. You can estimate them to be somewhat close, not always the case.
 
LE/XT < Vanilla < GS/GSO < GT < GTS < GTX < Ultra < GX2/dual gpu cards

This can be followed quite accurately with the exception of the 8800 series, just like how ati's 4770 is faster than the 4830 for example.

Vanilla cards are better than XT? so a 6600 is better then a 6600XT? weird stuff there cause with Ati it's the other way around!
 
ATI used to have these:
PRO (NVIDIA XT/LE equivalent)
XT (NVIDIA GT/GTS equivalent)
XTX (NVIDIA GTX/Ultra equivalent)
 
ATI used to have these:
PRO (NVIDIA XT/LE equivalent)
XT (NVIDIA GT/GTS equivalent)
XTX (NVIDIA GTX/Ultra equivalent)

Well if XT/LE are really below vanilla, wouldn't it be more equivalent to ATI's SE suffix. I am pretty sure the 9600 SE was cheaper and worse than the 9600. I mean, ATI did have vanilla cards, such as a 9600. The 9600 Pro was better and really popular IIRC. Otherwise I would say comparison of the ATI to Nvidia suffixes are correct. I gotta say, I like the new naming schema ATI uses better than all these suffix crap. The higher the number, the better it is, as long as your in the same series, such as 4xxx or 5xxx.
 
Well if XT/LE are really below vanilla, wouldn't it be more equivalent to ATI's SE suffix. I am pretty sure the 9600 SE was cheaper and worse than the 9600. I mean, ATI did have vanilla cards, such as a 9600. The 9600 Pro was better and really popular IIRC. Otherwise I would say comparison of the ATI to Nvidia suffixes are correct. I gotta say, I like the new naming schema ATI uses better than all these suffix crap. The higher the number, the better it is, as long as your in the same series, such as 4xxx or 5xxx.

Ah yes, the SE, or "Second Edition" (sh1t edition). Those cards were THE worst, lol. Good call. ;)
 
Back
Top