Grumpy Cat's Christmas Movie: Watch the First Clip

Case in point: Grumpy Cat is cute on the Internet, but as a movie star, not so much. I think I would rather watch Battleship again.

I would hardly label ANYONE in a made for TV movie as a "movie star" regardless of how good the movie is, especially if said channel is Lifetime (where you can get all your domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and abuse abuse fixes done on one channel!).

I'll watch it, if not for 20 minute or so, just because what else am I going to be doing on Saturday November 29th at 8pm (5pm for DirecTV west coast viewers)

LOL that is great =) Typical movie Narration voice this movie is going to Fly!!!

Wow. Some things should stay on the internet.

Christmas movie, so I'm sure I'll catch it sometime, but still don't have much as far as expectations...

for a second i thought it was just a youtube joke by some random person..

then i realized.. its real. wtf

This actually serves as proof that modern society is an idiocracy.

There's a big difference between one or two pictures taken of a misshapen cat in his home and seeing creativity of the community create various funny edits of it as the latest meme, and being a dick and making the cat that just wants to be left alone jump through hoops for the months and months this is in production for your amusement and then parading it through crowds on talk shows and what not as a sell out.

Owners don't love that cat, and were just cashing in, and the cat probably doesn't enjoy any of that kind of attention.

Doesn't help that it looks stupid as hell to boot, and has pretty much zero creativity. I'm not saying that whoever thought up this idea should kill themselves, but just dont' completely rule out suicide as an option.

My niece would love this movie =) The fact that a cat is shooting a paintball gun =)

There's a big difference between one or two pictures taken of a misshapen cat in his home and seeing creativity of the community create various funny edits of it as the latest meme, and being a dick and making the cat that just wants to be left alone jump through hoops for the months and months this is in production for your amusement and then parading it through crowds on talk shows and what not as a sell out.

Owners don't love that cat, and were just cashing in, and the cat probably doesn't enjoy any of that kind of attention.

Doesn't help that it looks stupid as hell to boot, and has pretty much zero creativity. I'm not saying that whoever thought up this idea should kill themselves, but just dont' completely rule out suicide as an option.

The only way you could make your jealousy more obvious is if you just admitted it instead of ranting.

The last two sure, but saying the owners don't love that cat? Have anything to back up that claim of the owners not loving the cat?

REALLY terrible choice of voice

That thing could barely pass for a horrible internet youtube parody. The voice is just aweful as well. As a crazy cat owner, I could never understand this fascination with Grumpy Cat.

They should have gotten Christian Bale to do the Batman voice.

WHERE IS THE LITTER? WHERE IS IT?

The last two sure, but saying the owners don't love that cat? Have anything to back up that claim of the owners not loving the cat?
If you had an autistic child you knew didn't want to be paraded around day after day and subject to things that at the very least annoy it relentlessly, but you were being paid good money for parading him around through crowds and talk shows and poked and prodded for movies because of a funny looking face and that money which in no way your autistic child could appreciate or benefit from since they don't value wealth and just want a quiet safe environment and can be entertained by $1 toys, would you subject your kid to that? If you love your kid, probably not.

The owners, that had nothing to do with the internet community's creativity that created the funny meme in the first place, have raked in $100 million. At some point you think she'd say, hey kitty you more than earned your keep, now you can live in a life of luxury and we'll stop selling you to strangers to make you do tricks for their amusement, but nope.

Cliffs Notes: Meme = funny and creative work of the community for free that doesn't affect the cat in any way; Owner = sellout that would sell the cat to a Korean restaurant for the right money.

Now I want to punch out the wall above my doorway and hang myself with my belt.

If you had an autistic child you knew didn't want to be paraded around day after day and subject to things that at the very least annoy it relentlessly, but you were being paid good money for parading him around through crowds and talk shows and poked and prodded for movies because of a funny looking face and that money which in no way your autistic child could appreciate or benefit from since they don't value wealth and just want a quiet safe environment and can be entertained by $1 toys, would you subject your kid to that? If you love your kid, probably not.

The owners, that had nothing to do with the internet community's creativity that created the funny meme in the first place, have raked in $100 million. At some point you think she'd say, hey kitty you more than earned your keep, now you can live in a life of luxury and we'll stop selling you to strangers to make you do tricks for their amusement, but nope.

Cliffs Notes: Meme = funny and creative work of the community for free that doesn't affect the cat in any way; Owner = sellout that would sell the cat to a Korean restaurant for the right money.

Korean restaurants don't serve cat. OTOH some of the Chinese restaurants around here are notorious for mixing in cat meat and one has even been shut down after the "supplier" ratted them out. Koreans generally don't touch any type of meat other than Beef, Pork, and Chicken when not including seafood.

Wow. Some things should stay on the internet.

Christmas movie, so I'm sure I'll catch it sometime, but still don't have much as far as expectations...

Pretty sure the intended demographic of this movie is fat facebook moms and their screeching offspring.

Kind of a stretch to compare a child with a cat. The cat may not mind being around others for all I know. And who knows, maybe they love money more. If you had a best friend dog in the world that just loved you so much and you loved it, if someone offered me $100 million for the dog, I'm pretty sure most people on this planet would say sure why not.

I like Aubrey Plaza, but she's just wrong here. It looks like something College Humor would put together as a joke. If you're doing a talking animal movie, where the animals lips don't even move, you need someone more... expressive. The cat needs to sound grumpy and upset, if the whole thing isn't totally over the top it's just not going to work.

Go watch a bunch of talking animal movies and tell me, how many of them star voice actors who aren't really overdoing it? None, because that's what pulls you into the stupidity.

I like Aubrey Plaza, but she's just wrong here. It looks like something College Humor would put together as a joke. If you're doing a talking animal movie, where the animals lips don't even move, you need someone more... expressive. The cat needs to sound grumpy and upset, if the whole thing isn't totally over the top it's just not going to work.

Go watch a bunch of talking animal movies and tell me, how many of them star voice actors who aren't really overdoing it? None, because that's what pulls you into the stupidity.

I just figured out who they should have cast, Melissa McCarthy. I normally hate her, but she can do massively over the top.

I just figured out who they should have cast, Melissa McCarthy. I normally hate her, but she can do massively over the top.

roseanne barr would have a much more appropriate voice to pull this off.

the only voice that would have made this good would be the voice of christmas nonexistence from charles dickens "a christmas nonexistence which thank god never actually happned"

Well, OTOH, you might as well strike while you can. Fame only lasts so long, so shitty or not, the owners were smart to cash in while they could.

Cat's original name was tard, short for retard. They later started saying it was short for Tarter sauce. Which wouldn't that be tart then?

Naming your cat retard because of its face isn't exactly the best cat lovers. But that doesn't equal them being horrible to the cat and mistreating it.

I guess the movie industry has gone from running out of good original ideas to running out of any ideas at all.

Lifetime's version of the asylum films...
This one may have better cgi.
Still its lifetime so at least one male is dead before the movie starts, im guessing dad...

Back