Grumble, grumble - dumb feature design... DQ6

Michael Daly

[H]ard|Gawd
I added a front panel gadget to provide audio connections to the front of my case. This means attaching a 2x5 connector to the audio header on my Gigabyte DQ6 MB. It turns out that they placed some capacitors so close to the header that I had to shave down the plastic on one side of the connector to get it to fit.

I wish they'd test these things with the kind of products that we can actually use in the real world. I find it hard to believe that the only 2x5 connectors they can find to test with happen to be the slimmest in the world.

I added a front panel gadget to provide audio connections to the front of my case. This means attaching a 2x5 connector to the audio header on my Gigabyte DQ6 MB. It turns out that they placed some capacitors so close to the header that I had to shave down the plastic on one side of the connector to get it to fit.

I wish they'd test these things with the kind of products that we can actually use in the real world. I find it hard to believe that the only 2x5 connectors they can find to test with happen to be the slimmest in the world.

If the only problem you've had with your setup is having to shave off some plastic on an audio connector, I would like to be the first one in line to punch you in the face for complaining. :p

Have a nice day.

Back