Grr. EMI Interference from my Razer Barracudas. plzhelp.

Grrs.

I own the Razer Barracuda headphones, and on my 3rd pair with this damned interference (First pair worked beautifully, until it developed a short in the wiring 4 months later.)

This 3rd pair has a bad front right speaker. -.-

But I'm getting interference. Its annoying as hell, a bunch of buzzing and static all the time.

It happens even when the thing is not connected to the computer system. For instance, when I take all the jacks out of the back, but leave my USB cord connected in, boom. Buzz.

I currently have it hooked up to a USB iPod charger. It works, but it still has buzzing (but not as loud.)

Suggestions on how to fix this once and for all? I get no interference on other headphones.

Or should I just return them and get a different pair using my Best Buy store credit (They are covered under a Replacement plan)

I hate to get rid of them, because they sound nice, and are comfortable as all hell. Help. T-T

Also, some suggestions for replacements would be also appericated. Looking mainly for ones similar to the Razer, good sound quality, I prefer if they are pre-powered via USB.

I've read about people having similar problems with other USB-powered headsets. If you can, plug the headset into a separate AC wall outlet or surge protector rather than the computer's USB port for power.

wireless routers can this to powered headphones- my kinyo 5.1's have a seperate amp and it catches interference from my router. seperating the amp and headphone wires as far from the router as possible cured my problem

p.s. razers have a very bad quality rep. if u want 5.1's the turtle beach hpa2 seems to be the best choice. however 5.1 cans in general have a bad rep

Thats odd . i never had that problem when I had my Razer headsets, look like you got really unlucky and they sent you back a faulty pair. Because I had my first pair for almost a year until I sold it with the sound card. if you worried just ask for a RMA again. and when you get it. Ebay it. If you want another pair of 5.1's get a pair of HPA2's.

If you have a X FI just get a pair of ATH-AD700 and use CMS3D headphone mode and set your speakrs to 5.1. so you can get both sound qualty and surround from your XFI, with your headphones.

Heh. Now this is interesting.

I traced the source of all my EMI problems.

Its my Samsung Blackjack whenever it accesses the internet, IMs, etc. Thanks ATT! -_- Damn, god, I hate EDGE. Its slow, and it interferes! (Though for some weird reason, it was dirt slow on the first day, but now its not too bad, bearable even! Maybe they noticed someones actually using their network in my area, haha.)

When I remove the battery, while its doing its buzzing shit, it instantly stops.

Thats a big pain in the caboose, as my cell phone is currently being used to..... get online until the 19th or so, when I get FiOS installed. (I gave Comcast the boot for they were overcharging me, as well as the whole "Lets block BT")

Fuck.

If I keep my phone a good 7 feet or so away from my computer, it works fine, no buzzing.

I'm off to go find some USB extension cables.

On another note, the right speaker was fine all along, I'm just an idiot and accidently bent a pin on my front audio connector on my mainboard, which tripped it into thinking that there was something plugged into it.

Its rather humorous actually, that last pair was probably perfectly fine. It was my cell phone the entire time.

I'm gonna call ATT and Samsung on Monday and see if they've ever heard of this wackiness. I'll also take my phone back and get it exchanged for another one, and see if that fixes things.

Right before my cell phone starts ringing you can see interference in my monitor, that's just the way cellular technology works, that's why it's slowly giving you brain tumors.

Barracuda Hp1 = worst crap ever.
I'm about to break them in pieces with a sledgehammer and post it on youtube.
The left earphone is dead for the 2nd time!!!!!

Funny enough my Razer Barracuda HP1 lasted a long time and long enough for me to sell them after almost a year. I have dropped them on the floor a few times. They didnt break either.

But I bet the person who bought them from me broke them.

Back