Group text messages not replying to everyone

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

So I'm in a few group chat/messages between co-workers and friends. I've noticed that each group chat (they have 10+ people in them) their is always that one person who, when they reply, they only reply to a portion of the group and thus it creates a new group chat they're replying to.

What causes this and how can it be fixed?

The blame goes to either the antiquated MMS standard or the carriers. The new standard RCS can't come soon enough. For now, you can "fix" it by not using MMS or move everyone to the same carrier, or in Apple's case everyone get iPhones. WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are the alternatives to MMS that I would recommend.

So there isn't anything on the users end that can be enabled/disabled or even updated that'll fix it?

I have no idea what carrier that user is on, but I can ask him.

So there isn't anything on the users end that can be enabled/disabled or even updated that'll fix it?

I have no idea what carrier that user is on, but I can ask him.

Nope. Nothing you can do using standard MMS.

This is why people make such a big deal of imessage. I hated trying to get everyone I message on board with a new messaging app. Its pretty much impossible since everyone has their own personal preference. If you toss in a person or two with iphones and it makes things even harder since imessage works so well. Its not much fun convincing people to use another app when their primary app does the job perfectly. Even WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger don't fall back to MMS like imessage does when someone doesn't have an iphone. Imessage is probably 95% of why I will never daily an android again.

Back