Group Policy Software Install/Novell Server

tgabe213

2[H]4U
I'm trying to push out Adobe 9.3 via group policy. We have 44 locations. Each location has a Novell server, and Windows XP workstations.
The install of application Adobe Reader 9.3 from policy Adobe Reader 9.3 failed. The error was : The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

What 'user' is trying to access the file when it tries to install? It's attempting to install the software upon startup (before login). If, in the policy, I select the MSI file that is stored on our DC (Server 2008), it has no problem accessing it since I put read only permission for everyone. The reason I'm looking to place it on every server is the speed of the install. The install only takes a few seconds when local, vs a few minutes when not local. Then combine multiple locations at one time...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas? I'm wondering if perhaps that the system account (is that correct?) doesn't have access to the Novell server, since perhaps the Novell services haven't been started.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm wondering if perhaps that the system account (is that correct?) doesn't have access to the Novell server, since perhaps the Novell services haven't been started.
More accurate to say that "nobody" is trying to access a file on the netware share.

Good luck. I never actually got either aspects of what you are trying to do working ( GPO app deployment and storing the packages on a netware share ). Instead I went with wpkg and a windows share ( although to be fair, wpkg tries to connect as an actual user, so in theory a netware share would work ).

More accurate to say that "nobody" is trying to access a file on the netware share.

Good luck. I never actually got either aspects of what you are trying to do working ( GPO app deployment and storing the packages on a netware share ). Instead I went with wpkg and a windows share ( although to be fair, wpkg tries to connect as an actual user, so in theory a netware share would work ).

Thanks. I've gotten it to work off of a Windows share, but with as many PC's there are, and a file server at each location, it would seem to be easiest and fast that way.

Back