grid questions

in response to the horrible optimization of need for speed shift, which im waiting for a patch for. i was thinking about picking up grid for the pc. can some one let me know if this game is stable and how will it run in my sig rig. i'm just looking for a decent racing game to play right now.

Should play well on your machine, just watch the AA settings. I personally haven't had any problems with it at all on Vista Ultimate x64 so you should be good to go.

Even my laptop can crank the setting on it pretty close to max @ 1920x1080 so I would think your PC will handle it with ease.

hmm, i didnt know that shift has horrible optimization. my rig can play it at medium/high at 1680x1050, which i think is perfectly fine considering my specs. what resolution are u playing it at?

btw, grid performed somewhat equal, maybe a little higher eye candy on

its hit or miss with shift. i can't even play it at 1680x1050 with medium settings. which i should be able to do

and performance has been know to be less on ati products. its believed to be a prob with the physx drivers and the ati drivers

its hit or miss with shift. i can't even play it at 1680x1050 with medium settings. which i should be able to do

and performance has been know to be less on ati products. its believed to be a prob with the physx drivers and the ati drivers

Yeah, I would bet that the Shift issues are just due to a driver problem.

Regarding GRID: it's an excellent game, will run and look very good on your system.

I like Shift better than Grid, but thats not to say I dont like Grid at all, I think its awesome. Anyways Grid will run great on the op's specs.

I have the same setup as the OP except I run a Phenom 9850 and Win7 64bit.

Shift is gorgeous on my system, as is GRID. 1680 x 1050

Back