wow... this is one of the worst racing game concepts with an "identity crisis" i've seen. guaranteed this is going to be mediocre and forgotten with a month after launch. how can they STILL not figure this stuff out?

I was excited for this but it looks like complete shit, graphics, lighting, physics all looks like something from 2010. I'll just keep playing Forza Horizon 4 & 5 until Forza 8 comes out.

I've watched the trailers but I'm not sure what is this supposed to be? Are you a faceless driver or is there a character creator?
In of itself having a career mode where you move through various series is not a bad thing, but they seem to be going for cringe value. And FMV? It's been a long time since that was trending in gaming.

Seriously. All they need to do is make an updated version of the 2008 game.
The first game had a simulated day->night->day Le Mans race. That was kinda cool.

I see that the game is... "live" for early access? Through MS Game Pass (PC?) and the associated EA Play app you can get a 10 hour "trial" of the game.

this game has the most confused, muddled and mismanaged marketing i think i've ever seen... they released a trailer that was supposed to highlight how it's about the life of a real motorsports driver and then we get trailers showing semi trucks ramming cars on the track..??

I'm deeply curious about this game as it was most likely been in development before EA bought Codemasters, but probably had EA help with marketing/promotion. That's not to say Codemasters hasn't had extreme mixed messaging before (Dirt Showdown, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, Dirt 4, Dirt 5) and it was all on them.

F1 2022 could also be interesting for the same reason.

this game has the most confused, muddled and mismanaged marketing i think i've ever seen... they released a trailer that was supposed to highlight how it's about the life of a real motorsports driver and then we get trailers showing semi trucks ramming cars on the track..??

Any trailer that highlights crashing in a racing game is a huge red flag for me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was EA's meddling in the marketing as mentioned above, though.

People in the comments for the launch trailer on the official GRID channel seem to really like the game, though.

Back