GRID for PC?

Michaelius

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wondering but is it already available in US ?

And if yes can someone who already played it can tell me if you can use gamepad in it instead of keyboard becouse there were no such option in demo (kinda weird considering it is PS3/X360/PC release)

Yes it is available in the US.

And yes, it supports gamepads. (I'd recommend the wired 360 pad)

Ok thx :) I got Logitech chilstream PS3 so it will have to be enough :)
Playing racing games on keybord is serious pain.

My copy should be delivered today. Screw gamepads, I'm using my wheel and pedals.

This has to be one of the best racing games I have ever played. It sucks that you can't customize cars, but everything else is top notch. Graphics are simply stunning for any game and everything feels very real. Damage is great too, some cars handle weird though. The Derby thing is interesting, but I do not like the way my car handles.

Not really sure what you mean since I played the demo with my 360 controller.

But yes, it's worth it. Keyboard or gamepad (or racing wheel if you have it :D)

I think it's great, and I'm playing with my keyboard. I'm thinking about picking up a controller if I can.

yea I can max out everything including the 16xQCCAA or w/e the hell it is and still be fairly high on the fps at least 55+ at 1920x1080

Is it just me...but I can't use gamepad or steering wheel to control the menu? That's ridiculous. Everytime I want to do something, I have to drop my pad and go over to my keyboard...

Is something wrong with my game???

I have a question - Does this game support LAN multiplayer or direct ip multiplayer? If I bought this I'd only want to play with my friends and don't want to be at the mercy of a server. Thanks.

Is it just me...but I can't use gamepad or steering wheel to control the menu? That's ridiculous. Everytime I want to do something, I have to drop my pad and go over to my keyboard...

Is something wrong with my game???

Nope, you can't use a pad in the menus :rolleyes:. I ended up using the Logitech Profiler to map the arrow keys, enter, escape, and afew of the F-Keys for controlling the replays.

If you have a pad or wheel that doesn't have software for remapping keys to buttons, here's a freeware that will do the same thing.

Joy2Key

I used to use it to play Lineage 2 on a PS2 pad during mindless grind feasts....

playin it with a keyboard right now, really need a controller soon. gfx are awesome i can run in in 1680x1050 with mid-high settings its amazing

And if yes can someone who already played it can tell me if you can use gamepad in it instead of keyboard becouse there were no such option in demo (kinda weird considering it is PS3/X360/PC release)

There is indeed support for gamepads. I got a Logitech Dual Action working on it.
Go to Options>Driving Options>Controls>Custom Controls and configure to no end.
I also configured a PS3 Controller to this game like that.

I love this game especially with my new 360 controller. It makes playing it so much easier and more exact than using a keyboard. Overall, this is one of the best looking racing games available while still being fun to play - remember, its not all about graphics :p

There is indeed support for gamepads. I got a Logitech Dual Action working on it.
Go to Options>Driving Options>Controls>Custom Controls and configure to no end.
I also configured a PS3 Controller to this game like that.

Thank you very much :)
I was looking for some option to change control input and never thought it might be done in such way.

I have no issues using my pad on the menu or the game itself (demo). One thing I noticed is that the "replay menu" doesn't map the x360 button icons most of the time. I usually have to have the pad plugged in before launching the demo to get the icons.

Also the pad was detected automatically, nothing was changed on my part in the menu.

I loved the demo, going to pick it up tonight. Are the additional race modes and such enjoyable? The reviews were extremely positive...

Does the game require playing the single player completely to unlock stuff, or is there access to a lot of stuff right off the bat? I tried out the demo, and while the graphics were VERY good, I really didn't like the drifting one (lol ~3000 points) and I'd rather not do that in the single player just to unlock something.

I actually didn't like the track with the Mustang either. It was too tight and involved damaging all of the cars on the very first turn. I'm into more open speedway and spaced out racing where I'm not constantly slowing down and trying to get around other cars.

Does the game require playing the single player completely to unlock stuff, or is there access to a lot of stuff right off the bat? I tried out the demo, and while the graphics were VERY good, I really didn't like the drifting one (lol ~3000 points) and I'd rather not do that in the single player just to unlock something.

I actually didn't like the track with the Mustang either. It was too tight and involved damaging all of the cars on the very first turn. I'm into more open speedway and spaced out racing where I'm not constantly slowing down and trying to get around other cars.

There's different kinds of races, tracks, and cars. They all handle differently and require you to do different stuff. If you are racing real race cars on tracks in Europe, you can't even touch grass or sand or you'll spin out. You don't drift. You grip. If you are playing drifting or Japanese races, you just drift all over the place. American races are a bit in between with much more arcade feeling.

Does the game require playing the single player completely to unlock stuff,

No unlocking. You do though (in single player career mode) have to earn enough cash to buy cars that are required for certain tracks/championships. But in multiplayer there is no unlocks.

I am thinking about getting this game. The destruction derby type racing looks fun. I was just wondering how much of it is there? I dont really care for the normal race track style racing but it was pretty good in the demo even tho I sucked bad.

I am thinking about getting this game. The destruction derby type racing looks fun. I was just wondering how much of it is there? I dont really care for the normal race track style racing but it was pretty good in the demo even tho I sucked bad.

12 ppl on the michigan demolition derby was one of the most fun gaming experiences ever. :p

i mainly got the game for its amazing drifting physics, but all the other stuff is really well done too imo (but im a racing game fanatic so dont ask me lol)

i waited years for this game after toca3 was so good... im not happy there is NO pits, no tuning and very short races but all of that is buried under the fact that this game is extremely well polished and fun as hell to play. best racing game on pc to date.

i waited years for this game after toca3 was so good... im not happy there is NO pits, no tuning and very short races but all of that is buried under the fact that this game is extremely well polished and fun as hell to play. best racing game on pc to date.

I agree, this is one my favorite arcade style racers ever.

I just wish there were pit stops to add some strategy to the game.

The strategy is now the same in every race. Go as fast as you can, knock out the guys who are the designated "two or three elite computers" if you can, win on sliding through corners.

yeah, i guess so... but doesnt every game have basically one style you do over and over all game long? as long as the style is done well it has replay value. this game surely does if its your type. My other favorite racers are rush2049 and nfs hot pursuit so its clear i dont always like pure sims.

I like it, I have not really been playing it though, as I picked up both Grid and Dirt at the same time and have been hooked on Dirt for a while. Nothing like playing with a wheel, its a blast. I think the wheel feels better in Grid than Dirt though. I am using the Logitech Driving Force Pro (I love this thing, I got it to play Gran Turismo 4 when it first came out and have been having a blast using it on the pc ever since).

I really want to buy this game but i'm not happy at all with it having Securom. Does the Steam version of this game have Securom or just the PC DVD version?

So how do I get to hire teammates? Do you need to get another liscense or progress further?

You will be prompted in the single player mode to hire a teamate. You will know you can hire a teamate if you can see 2 cars in your garage.

Grid = Awesome.

Is there a free run or time trial mode so I can get a better feel for the tracks?

Back