GRID: blurry washed out look

StRiFeXD

Weaksauce
You're comparing "in motion, all highest settings" to "still, probably not all highest settings". That is what the game looks like in motion.

Now for the other subject at hand, Boris4ka Pwnr?

it's a screenshot i found online =]

anyways.

hmm. for some reason the image for me looks blurry like the first pic whether or not my car is in motion :( well, of course the environment isn't "blurred out" like the car was moving, but the edges off everything just seem.. blurry. It almost looks as if all the AA is doing is blurring the whole screen, if that makes sense.

i think thats just how grid is, looks pretty much the same maxed out on my HD4850, ill post a ss if i remember later

Both pics are correct.

You may want to disable post processing (HDR) to make it look "less washed out".

Its just the engine, objects in motion apear "blurry" or out of focus, which is kind of realistic. Think of riding really fast on a motorcycle and just focusing on the object in front of you.

if this is jsut the look of grid on PC, then okay, but i was just curious, because my initial reaction was that everything was just so blurry. Everything's all sharp and crisp in burnout paradise. No blurry look like this. GRID on ps3 on my HDTV on the otherhand looks very sharp and crisp, which is also why i was kind of surprised about how it looked on my PC, since PC graphics usually > console.

Try to disable post processing. Here's a few before/after pics.

grid01.png

grid02.png

grid03.png

I like the HDR look, but I hate what it usually does to the colours in most games. They always get this brown/yellow tint.

HDR doesn't always get you brown/yellow tint. See Team fortress 2 as example. Its more of the way they implemented the colors. Brown is nextgen!!! (refers to that penny arcade comic, but can't find the link)

Yeah...the no HDR look is crisp and colorful, but looks a lot less realistic to me.

HDR doesn't always get you brown/yellow tint. See Team fortress 2 as example. Its more of the way they implemented the colors. Brown is nextgen!!! (refers to that penny arcade comic, but can't find the link)

LOL yeah I've seen that.

I play GRID with the motion blur turned off. It still has that hazy brown look, but at least it doesn't look ridiculous when you start going fast. It's also a little bit sharper.

The next time I play I'm going to turn off all post-processing... the screenshots without it look very nice. The post-processing effects do a good job of camouflaging some of the less detailed areas though.

Back