Grenade thumb drive

pheenix

Limp Gawd
I picked an inert grenade from an army surplus store in Colorado Springs and on my way home, looked at the microSD reader on my key chain and came up with an idea. Now I just need to get my hands on a microSD card (32gb preferably)

grenade-2.jpg

i forsee one issue......tryign to plug it in ;) you will break something

though it would be funt o pull it out during class and get some reactions

LOL that is awesome.

I need to get myself one so I can just leave it on my desk at work. Maybe the IT manager will leave me alone.

I'm not sure the general public would know what a claymore is. Grenades, on the other hand, (no pun intended) are much more iconic.

As long as they've watched a war movie or 2, they'll probably know what one is.

[THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY]

But yes, a grande is more recognizable (though the Pineapple Grenade is definately more iconic than the M67).

Geeze, think about using that USB key in like an airport or something. You'd get tackled. :p

How about a crate of USB grenades. "Explosive Storage" takes on a whole new meaning.

Decided to save a few bucks and use a 32GB thumb drive that I already had. I wrapped the drive's PCB in electrical tape so nothing would get scratched sliding it into the grenade body. I had to widen the hole in the bottom slightly (yay Dremel) so it would fit.

I painted the parts with a gray primer, now I just need to decide on a color scheme.

DSCN0530.jpg

Gee...nothing could possibly go wrong with this idea.

Friend: Dude...got a thumb drive I could use?
Me: Here...catch

/edit: Maybe I'll do a black/red theme [H]. A [H] logo decal could be the finishing touch

Last edited:
Which USB port you planning to plug that into ? I imagine you wouldn't be able to slide it into a laptop USB port.

heh, I like where this is going.....

heh, heh, alllllllllright!

Cute if not practical. Haven't read the whole thread yet so this may be a repeat. I would highly recommend NOT bringing this w/you while travelling. TSA just a little thin where a sense of humor is concerned lately;)

As for bringing it anywhere to 'pull it out' and 'get some reactions'... I hope you're in Wisconsin, Illinois or DC. Otherwise, some conservative CWP holder like myself might get the wrong idea.

As for bringing it anywhere to 'pull it out' and 'get some reactions'... I hope you're in Wisconsin, Illinois or DC. Otherwise, some conservative CWP holder like myself might get the wrong idea.

And gun control liberals will react with nothing but common sense

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Definitely in the "cool-for-the-first-few-seconds-hear-about-it-but-after-a-few-seconds-of-rational-thought-it's-not-a-good-idea" classification.

Geek Cool Factor - 10/10
ATF / FBI "Put You On A List" Factor - 10/10
Can Use in Public Factor without triggering the above - 0/10
Practicality Factor - -100/10
Get You Arrested and Detained Factor - 10/10
Get You Shot if you try to use in Public in Texas Factor - 10/10

ok just had a hilarious idea. I have no clue how this would be done but I suppose it's not that hard for someone good in electronics, and there's plenty of room in there for the required hardware.

Make it so if you pull the pin and let go, it erases all the data on the drive. Haha.

Actually, it's sad to think how much paranoia the government has, when a joke like this could actually get you in trouble. I think here in Canada you could maybe get away with it, but yeah from what I hear the states are quite uptight with that stuff. Airports in general are also very uptight. When I went to Halifax there was actually a sign that said not to talk about guns or terrorism or make any jokes related to violence. It also said that toy guns were not allowed. I can just picture a family with a young kid now, and the kid is playing with his mini water squirt gun, and gets jumped by security. haha.

Maybe I could get these mass produced and included in some sort of deluxe collector's edition of the next CoD game :p

Why would I disgrace a functioning firearm? Now I could easily do pistol/rifle magazines and such.

lol, i didn't mean a specific part, but a magazine would work. :cool:

Last edited:
Back