Greenp9ison for windows untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 out now.

My iPhone4 flipped out the first time I ran it. Went to a UNIX command line stating nothing was mountable.. Had to kill all background Apple processes, then it worked flawlessly :)

I thought it failed because a Cydia icon didn't pop up on my iPad. Nope, look for Loader.app with a green icon. That loads Cydia.

Yeah, that threw me for a bit also til I found that loader icon. Worked great, very happy peep now. :d

They mentioned that you needed to run the Loader app in the readme. I did this on my iPad and iPod. Not my first jailbreak of a device, but considerably easily than rooting a Droid X back when it came out. I need to poke around Cydia a bit to find out some fun apps to play with.

I did it and everything went perfect the first time.

I think this JB worked better then the JB released for 4.1

busted my old iphone 3G (jailbreak @ 3.1 code)
have a new iphone 4 now on 4.2.1

is greenpoison the only option right now? my phone is fresh so i dont care about restoring...just need cydia to get things going again - thanks,

OK so I did a jailbreak on 4.2.1 with greenpois0n, and installed Cydia

now what :D

Never jailbroken a phone so I was wondering if anyone knew if this was any better than other various ways of jailbreaking the phone? I read that this is a hardware exploit compared to a software one, but I'm not sure if that is important too?

This is better because it is an untethered jailbreak, meaning you dont have to hook your iDevice to a PC/Mac to boot it.

You wont break anything, and if you do, you can toss the device in DFU restore mode and put it back stock. I have never heard of anyone unrecoverably bricking an iDevice by jailbreaking.

Back