Green Screen of Death Explained

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that the mystery of the green screen of death that popped up on Twitter this week has been solved. According to Matthijs Hoekstra, Sr. Program Manager for Windows Enterprise Developer Platform, the green color is only for Windows 10 test builds. Dang, I kinda liked it.

This apparently also coincides with the new (but currently non-functional) "Game Mode" that apparently uses fewer background resources when games launch.

This apparently also coincides with the new (but currently non-functional) "Game Mode" that apparently uses fewer background resources when games launch.
lol, is that what a misinformed Twitter post has morphed into? I'm only pointing that out because there hasn't even been any information besides rampant speculation so far (file named gamemode.dll found and a user posted pure speculation). MS has responded with a no comment.

The silly thing is that someone could easily just look at the dll and see what functions it contains and what other files it may be related to fairly quickly. That's so easy even I could do it. :p Instead, there's just pure misinformation available.

Back