• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Green [H] and folding stats in posts?

freakcrap

Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
601
Was wondering if that was automatic or if yall were putting that in manually and if so, how

thanks!
 
I do it manually...
Because HTML links don't work in our sigs.
/begin hint
If anybody knows how to do it automatically I'd love to know too!
/end hint

just go to [H]ardfolding.com and find your personal stats page.
At the bottom of the page will be a line of code that you can copy and paste into any of your posts.


Have fun and happy folding!
 
I tried xeno's page and couldn't get it to work... :confused:
and I know that I entered the correct user number 130274
I get a MySQL syntax error.

Help please
 
rodsfree said:
I tried xeno's page and couldn't get it to work... :confused:
and I know that I entered the correct user number 130274
I get a MySQL syntax error.

Help please

I get the same error so for now I just enter it manually.

 
rodsfree said:
If anybody knows how to do it automatically I'd love to know too!
Here's yours:
Code:
javascript:document.vbform.message.value=document.vbform.message.value + '\n[URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&id=7544][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag.php/mem/7544.png[/IMG][/url]'; document.vbform.submit();
If you hit "quote" on this post, you should see the code above. Make a new bookmark, and add everything from javascript: to vbform.submit(); to the URL portion of it. You can also take the thingy you were pasting and put it where the image is now. That should work.

You do indeed get quite the MySQL error for your stats page. No idea why, I just tried mine again and it works. Any ideas, xENo?
 
rodsfree said:
I do it manually...
Because HTML links don't work in our sigs.
/begin hint
If anybody knows how to do it automatically I'd love to know too!
/end hint

This is not possible.

[H]ard|Forum Rules

(22) No active links, graphics, cussing or advertising allowed in the SIGNATURE.

Kyle permits the [H]s to be placed in the body of the message, but not the sig.

Finding a work around would just get the people that used it banned.

Edit: there is a code that people are using that allows you to add the code to the message body via a bookmark.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure



Webmaster: www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire.
 
It's not automatic, instead of clicking submit I press a button on the bookmark toolbar. That button is set w/ the following:
Code:
javascript:document.vbform.message.value=document.vbform.message.value + '\n \n[UR L=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&id=7450][IM G]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag.php/mem/7450.png[/IMG][/URL]'; document.vbform.submit(); halt;
Just take the spaces out of the IMG and URL tags, then change 7450 to your own hardfolding.com user id.

 
The bookmark code is now auto generated on the [H]ardfolding personal stats pages.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure



Webmaster: www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire
 
King_N, nice addition. Perhaps you could also print out the version with the "a href" around it so it's just drag-n-drop to bookmark it? It'd be good to have both options in case the dragging way confuses people, but I find it easier/faster.
 
Thanks for all the help....

But.... ( i feel like such a n00b)

What do you mean by a bookmark?

Is this a button on my IE toolbar or something?

I know I'm being really dense right now but the hangover isn't helping. :rolleyes:
 
Thats exactly how to do it, just create a new favorite, and modify the URL so it has the code of your badge. You will use that favorite instead of the submit button, and it will append the badge, and submit your post. Alot of us use it as a toolbar link of sorts. :D

 
IE has a "Quick Links" or something toolbar; turn that option on and put the bookmark there. Firefox has the "Bookmarks toolbar" for the same purpose.

So then, when you're done typing your message, instead of clicking on submit down there v, just click on the bookmark up there ^ and it'll automatically add the tag.
 
unhappy_mage said:
Here's yours:
Code:
javascript:document.vbform.message.value=document.vbform.message.value + '\n[URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&id=7544][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag.php/mem/7544.png[/IMG][/url]'; document.vbform.submit();
If you hit "quote" on this post, you should see the code above. Make a new bookmark, and add everything from javascript: to vbform.submit(); to the URL portion of it. You can also take the thingy you were pasting and put it where the image is now. That should work.

You do indeed get quite the MySQL error for your stats page. No idea why, I just tried mine again and it works. Any ideas, xENo?

I'm trying... something




 
Copy the URL at the bottom of you're stats page at hardfolding, and paste it to an empty text doc on you're desktop, and save changes. When you make a post anywhere, and are ready to add stats badge, minimize the window, copy from the text file, unminimize (is that a word?), and paste the URL into the post. If you make several different posts, and you haven't copied anything else, paste will still have badge URL at the ready.

Not the easiest way, but it works for me.

 
Trying it that way.

Thanks for the idea. Dragging from sidebar much easier than what I've been doing. Learning something new everyday.


signature
 
Basically, the way I posted creates a bookmark for you (in firefox). Then if you need to change the userID, etc... right click bookmark, select properties, and edit to your heart's content. Instead of clicking submit, click the bookmark and it will insert pic and submit for you. Good stuff! :)

 
Heres what I did.... based on the mage's and kings advice.

This is in IE so it might not work for anything else.

1. Added a Favorite.... it just happened to be this thread.
2. copied the little snippet of code that the unhappy_mage posted for me, because xENo's page wouldn't work for me.
3. Right-Clicked on my new Favorite and selected properties.
4. On the "Web Document" tab of the Properties box I deleted the existing code in the URL field and pasted my snippet in it's place. Simple enough - (I love the word 'snippet' for some strange reason) :rolleyes:
5. I changed my icon to something besides the giant 'e' - just so it's different.
6. Change to the "General" Tab and change the name of my favorite to "F@H Stats Tag" - click "OK"
7. Now to get it on my IE toolbar - right click on the toolbar and uncheck the "Lock the Toolbars" box - this lets you move stuff around.
8. Right Click on the toolbar again and make sure that the Links box is checked. - "Links" should be at the end of the address line after the"Go" button.
9. Left or Right Click on the word "Links" and drag it up to the line of large Icons above the address line. This will cause "Links" to expand and put stuff onto the Toolbar. Warning - "Links" is a direct link to the "Links" folder in your "Favorites" anything and everything in this folder will try to display on the toolbar - until it runs out of room as it expands to the right.
10. Clean up the "Links" folder until only my snippet and a couple of other links I use all the time are in it. This puts those favorites on my toolbar without my "Favorites" having to be open. Right click on the toolbar and re-check the "Lock Toolbars" pickbox.
11. Using it - I start my post, do a little dance, make a little love, get down....--- Sorry '80s overload :cool:

Now I'm all done typing, ranting, raving, or whatever.

I click my new toolbar button and it inserts my stats tag at the end of my post and then it preforms the "Submit Reply" button-click.

And Viola... or something similar.

Thanks to unhappy_mage and King_N for the help. I wrote this out in the hopes that it could help someone else. If King_N wants to use it or if the mods want to add it to the sticky then fine by me.



 
11. Using it - I start my post, do a little dance, make a little love, get down....--- Sorry '80s overload



I believe it was from the 70's. K. C. and the Sunshine band. 1975 to be exact.
 
Sparky said:
11. Using it - I start my post, do a little dance, make a little love, get down....--- Sorry '80s overload



I believe it was from the 70's. K. C. and the Sunshine band. 1975 to be exact.

You are scaring me.

 
Knowledge is power, not fearfull although most I have is useless:D
Stump the Booey would be a challange.

 
when i try to use the bookmark toolbar button on this forum i get an error in javascript console stating that and i quote
"Error: document.vbform.message has no properties"

but it works on the quakecon forums

any suggestions??
 
Make sure you're using the standard editor, and not the WYSIWYG editor. I could never get the buttons to work here until I changed that. It can be found on your user control panel, under edit options, all the way at the bottom.

 
hmm somehow it did get changed from standard to wysiwyg
lets see if that does it

test
success
thnx much
 
Looks like we're starting to see some successes here!!!!

:D

For a n00b like me - to the F@H scene I feel like I learned something Today.

Gained a little wisdom even....

My wife would be so suprised :rolleyes:


 
Why does it take me to someone else's stats (spyder) when I click on my stats?


 
Sparky said:
Why does it take me to someone else's stats (spyder) when I click on my stats?



King_N rescently updated the [H]ard|Folding site, and a lot of peoples user IDs changed, mine included.
Go to the site and search for your name...
Check the user ID number in the code snippet at the bottom of your stats page.
Compare it against the one in this message. i.e. id=316

Here's the snippet from your personal stats page "javascript:document.vbform.message.value=document.vbform.message.value + ' '; document.vbform.submit(); halt;"

Your new id=211.

Click "quote" to get at the actual code of your snippet.

Try to change your tag shortcut with the new snippet and everything should be ok.

 
Back
Top