Great News about VISTA upgrades

I just went to the Moduslink upgrade website and clicked on the check existing order link...says the order is confirmed. Yeah!!!!!
Just awaiting a shipping date...suspect it'll be 1/30 or after but at least progress seems to have happened.

faxed the confirmation number and receipt yesterday.

mickster said:
I just went to the Moduslink upgrade website and clicked on the check existing order link...says the order is confirmed. Yeah!!!!!
Just awaiting a shipping date...suspect it'll be 1/30 or after but at least progress seems to have happened.

You will know you're good to go, when they charge your card.

update on my order.

they recieved my fax,validated proof of purchase

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.00
Total USD 11.49

Order Status : POP validated
Shipping Date :
Carrier : Standard
AWB# :

I called Moduslink yesterday after our POP validation hadn't gone through for a few days.
The rep said that as of last Friday they had 8000 faxes, emails and mail-ins to get done with 100's more coming in daily. At 3 minutes per validation, it might take a bit to get your POP validation done but they are cranking 'em out.
Just got ours a few minutes ago.

Woah where is their fax number?

Outstanding... saves time and trouble as long as they can read this faded ink receipt from Best Buy for mine. I keep putting off mailing it - and I live about 400 yds from a post office. Go figure... :D

I ran mine to the PO,. As I wanted to be sure that it WAS going to be honored. One guy said his confirm from MS has come already, so I'm pretty sure we all will be all set.It could make for one hell of a class action lawsuit, if MS suddenly said they wouldn't honor the coupon from the Newegg deal.:D ;) Imagine 1000s of letters to the BBB.

Will XP MCE still be available after Vista is released?
I'm sure all of the XP operating systems will still be available, especially XP PRO, as EOL is at least 7 years away. MCE and Home will have at least 2 years, maybe more before EOL.This week, Compusa offered XP Home upgrade for just $39. I think we will see other deals, once Vista comes out at the end of this month.:D Just checked, My order was also confirmed. No shipping date listed yet.

Okay- I need a new version of XP for a new rig I'm building. As the first post was deleted, I'm not sure exactly what I need to do in order to get the Vista coupon- any advice? As in, which version, which retailer, etc.

Okay- I need a new version of XP for a new rig I'm building. As the first post was deleted, I'm not sure exactly what I need to do in order to get the Vista coupon- any advice? As in, which version, which retailer, etc.

I got mine at mwave.Great etailer. newegg has them also directron to.I bought a new mce, just so i could get the upgradeto vista home pemium, they also have xp pro, which upgrades to vista professional or whatever they are calling it.You can buy xp home, and upgrade to vista home basic

Ok I didnt get my windows mce from newegg I got it from ebuyer.com, I filled the details out on the website weeks ago and when I check my status it says order confirmed not pop verified, Is the pop verified just for you newegg customers? this is what mine says.

Order Status : Order confirmed
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

what does awb# mean?

I bought my HP laptop in April...

i'm wondering wot will happen if i paid the $23 P&P moduslink are asking through the upgrade site...coz they seem to be accepting my serial for both the laptop and XP...interesting....just asking for a credit card number now...

could quite easily get hold of the offer itself from a friends new laptop who doesn't want vista...

Hey Guys / Gals - I received my Windows XP MCE and am at the website for putting in the codes to redeem my upgrade... it is telling me the coupon has already been used.... any thoughts? ~Pal

I'm sure all of the XP operating systems will still be available, especially XP PRO, as EOL is at least 7 years away. MCE and Home will have at least 2 years, maybe more before EOL.This week, Compusa offered XP Home upgrade for just $39. I think we will see other deals, once Vista comes out at the end of this month.:D Just checked, My order was also confirmed. No shipping date listed yet.

Thank You BD

Hey Guys / Gals - I received my Windows XP MCE and am at the website for putting in the codes to redeem my upgrade... it is telling me the coupon has already been used.... any thoughts? ~Pal
use the click here link, and ask for a coa reset . I got a few of them myself. Keep sending e-mails ,until you are able to complete the form. Try at least once or twice every day.

I bought my HP laptop in April...

i'm wondering wot will happen if i paid the $23 P&P moduslink are asking through the upgrade site...coz they seem to be accepting my serial for both the laptop and XP...interesting....just asking for a credit card number now...

could quite easily get hold of the offer itself from a friends new laptop who doesn't want vista...
Vista upgrade is tied to the coa of the laptops OS. That's the only pc that it will work on. You would also need to provide a receipt for the laptrop/OS dated after 10/26/06 in order to be eligible.

use the click here link, and ask for a coa reset . I got a few of them myself. Keep sending e-mails ,until you are able to complete the form. Try at least once or twice every day.

Yeah I put an email into them...hopefully we'll get it figured out. Thanks, ~Pal

I've had only a couple isthues with the website over last week or so.

If you're having problems with the COA and doing the deal at the website, just call that 800 number from earlier in the thread. That's how I got my confirmation number.

Not seeing the phone number.. only a fax. Does anyone have their phone number? Thanks, Pal

Did any of you consider the fact when you purchased these that it will be like pulling teeth to use these oem versions more than once? Per M$'s policy versions other than retail are going to lock to a single pc, permanently. First time you upgrade a mobo you're s-o-l. Not saying I agree with microsoft here, but they're making it awfully damn hard on the enthusiast. I'll end up biting the bullet once for the full retail just so I can reuse the os through as many hardware transitions as I want. Upgrading something every 6-9 months and buying an os each time isn't very cool.

Did any of you consider the fact when you purchased these that it will be like pulling teeth to use these oem versions more than once? Per M$'s policy versions other than retail are going to lock to a single pc, permanently. First time you upgrade a mobo you're s-o-l. Not saying I agree with microsoft here, but they're making it awfully damn hard on the enthusiast. I'll end up biting the bullet once for the full retail just so I can reuse the os through as many hardware transitions as I want. Upgrading something every 6-9 months and buying an os each time isn't very cool.

You do realize that this has been the case for OEM for years now, yet MS is pretty lax about transferring the OEM License in the case of defective hardware, or as the new buzzword seems to be "catastrophic failure".

I built a state of the art box just to get ready for Vista and that will be out the door before I gotta worry about moving it to another box. Then it will be business as usual, buying a new oem for another new build. I wouldn't even care to guess how many "defective motherboards" (old buzz word) I've had. or how many catastrophic failures I'll have in the future. Besides, I ve got 6 months before I even have to crack the seal on the first upgrade pkg. RC2 is still doing very well. and it's activated. :D

my order has updated again, i think things are getting ready to move now.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.00
Total USD 11.49

Order Status : POP/COA validated
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

before it was pop validated, now my coa of my new mce is validated

btw vista starting to pop up on the web already, so maybe MS took off the date restrictions.

Hmmm, for me, I've only seen my COA as being validated. Still waiting for POP to be done... I bought from newegg; anyone else had their newegg POP validated?

I still can't get through Moduslink! I'm in the uk and there doesn't appear to be any phone numbers to call. I haven't had any response from emails.

Btw, will I be able to dual boot both Vista and MCE2005? Or, will MCE be deactivated once Vista is activated?

I still can't get through Moduslink! I'm in the uk and there doesn't appear to be any phone numbers to call. I haven't had any response from emails.

Btw, will I be able to dual boot both Vista and MCE2005? Or, will MCE be deactivated once Vista is activated?
NO. VISTA will deactivate the coa for MCE2005

I ordered two copies for two different laptops that I purchased BF- did not have any problems with the site and everything went fine-did not ask for a CC and when I checked onsite one show order status: POP/COA validated an the other shows COA validated. It also show USD 0.00-I guess my two copies are free! Just wondering what the steps are before they finally ship out the software?

I also ordered the OEM version of XP MCE with the upgrade coupon for Vista from ZipZoomFly.com. I already use the moduslink website to get my confirmation number and all I have to do now is mail in the required documents. My question is, What did everybody else mail in? Do I only need the redemption form and the receipt for my OEM version for MCE?

you can also fax,, which is what i did, and pop, was validated pretty quick, and now my c.o.a was validated

Americas
Software Upgrade Program
PO Box 1918
Orem, UT 84059-1918
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 801-431-5616

you can also fax,, which is what i did, and pop, was validated pretty quick, and now my c.o.a was validated

Americas
Software Upgrade Program
PO Box 1918
Orem, UT 84059-1918
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 801-431-5616

Mine currently says coa validated I sent a copy of the coupon in that I has scanned, and a copy of the oem receipt, I sent it to the email is this ok? p.s I dont have a fax as most people dont.

Back