Great Deal from KFA2/Galaxy

Shane Vance

Official Galaxy Representative
Galaxy/KFA2 has a great deal on Tiger right now for the 9800GT. $104.99 after $25 MIR.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4042992&CatId=1826

We will be posting periodically in here with special deals. Galaxy has been manufacturing for 4+ years for many of the top US brands. They have now decided to enter the US market themselves and pass along their top qulaity and great prices. They have toll free tech support and US RMA support. We will work hard to become your brand of choice. Thanks for the support.

I like to think Reps on these boards like input:

There is Multi deals around on the 9800GT for 109 AR and most those you get a free game and one even has a free tool kit. If this was 104 with no rebates it would be decent.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Ours does come with free overclocking "xtreme tuner software" but not a "free" game. You bring up a good question, do you guys want software included? It does cost something to include it.

Due to confidentiality I am not sure I can say. But they both have three letters and one of them I was a founder and EVP of sales for 4.5 years. They make great quality cards and you guys have been buying their cards for years just did not know it.

I understand that business make people sign those confidentiality contracts, but with the vast amount of internet activity, it takes 29 secs to find what you need. Longer if it's 'secure'. Sorry if i messed something up, someone asked and Shane hinted... :p

Galaxy card 1 year warranty ... BFG card (manufactured by Galaxy) lifetime warranty ...:confused: , sorry but am i missing something here ?!

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Ours does come with free overclocking "xtreme tuner software" but not a "free" game. You bring up a good question, do you guys want software included? It does cost something to include it.

Thanks for posting as much as you have Shane, I think you're one of the first "company reps" I've seen here that has posted as much about their product instead of just reading about. Anyway, about the software, to me as a potential customer (have never bought Galaxy branded hardware) I would appreciate a free game, but that in itself should be free. If it would cost your company too much to include it, we as customers end up looking at end cost rather than included "not for resale" software.

Furthermore, about mail-in rebates. As a customer I would like to see no mail in rebates, but that's in a perfect world. A good suggestion would be to adopt a form of internet based rebate, where we would submit our purchase info over the internet in a timely manner, on our own time, and will also help save paper/postage costs for your company. I know most companies rely on people being too lazy to fill the mail-in rebates out and sending them and waiting, etc., but at least this way we both ( the consumer and company ) have an equal chance at receiving a rebate in a timely manner, and as well in a very "consumer-priority" type of courtesy from the seller. Who knows, maybe you get more customers just because everyone doesn't want to deal with mail-in rebates as a preference. It's a gamble, but something like this would put your company apart from others, and is definitely worth a try. You never know, some people are even lazier as to not fill out the internet form itself lol. :D

Most "free" games are either old or something one already has.
Personally, I could care less.

The rebate thing is a good idea, follow the Staples model; easiest rebate in the world.

I use rebates all the time, yes you need to fill out a piece of paper, and yes it takes some time. Corsair, MSI, ASUS, CoolerMaster just to name a few, have all come through for me with no problems.

Thanks for posting as much as you have Shane, I think you're one of the first "company reps" I've seen here that has posted as much about their product instead of just reading about. Anyway, about the software, to me as a potential customer (have never bought Galaxy branded hardware) I would appreciate a free game, but that in itself should be free. If it would cost your company too much to include it, we as customers end up looking at end cost rather than included "not for resale" software.

Furthermore, about mail-in rebates. As a customer I would like to see no mail in rebates, but that's in a perfect world. A good suggestion would be to adopt a form of internet based rebate, where we would submit our purchase info over the internet in a timely manner, on our own time, and will also help save paper/postage costs for your company. I know most companies rely on people being too lazy to fill the mail-in rebates out and sending them and waiting, etc., but at least this way we both ( the consumer and company ) have an equal chance at receiving a rebate in a timely manner, and as well in a very "consumer-priority" type of courtesy from the seller. Who knows, maybe you get more customers just because everyone doesn't want to deal with mail-in rebates as a preference. It's a gamble, but something like this would put your company apart from others, and is definitely worth a try. You never know, some people are even lazier as to not fill out the internet form itself lol. :D

In the past we have bundled games and I always wondered if the consumer got their money's worth and did they really want the game. When I had my choice I voted to lower the price and let the consumer choose if they wanted the game.
I agree the MIR process is a pain and you are right everyone plays the "breakage" game to get the lowest after MIR price. If you fill out the paperwork correctly there are some great deals. Thanks for the feedback.

I vote for no game and lower price, since it adds to the cost and it's rare that I don't already have the darn game being offered. Easy rebates are cool, but I have no troubles mailing many rebates in either - just give me 30 days to do it instead of "12 days including weekends." (I'm talking to you, OCZ!)

In the past we have bundled games and I always wondered if the consumer got their money's worth and did they really want the game. When I had my choice I voted to lower the price and let the consumer choose if they wanted the game.
I agree the MIR process is a pain and you are right everyone plays the "breakage" game to get the lowest after MIR price. If you fill out the paperwork correctly there are some great deals. Thanks for the feedback.

Honestly, in my opinion, that depends on the game in question.

When I bought my XFX 8800GS, one of the main reasons I bought it was because it included COD4, which I was planning to buy at the time anyway.

If it wasn't bundled with COD4, I would have probably bought another card. However, if it was bundled with some game that I've never heard of before and got mediocre ratings on MetaCritic, I probably wouldn't have even taken the fact that it's included into account.

Welcome Shane, +1 for being a rep who communicates, much appreciated.

In terms of games, I agree with you, I'd rather have a cheaper card than a free game. I usually buy a card for a game I cannot play well with my existing system (my software purchases drive my hardware purchases), so free games would not be a huge boon. Plus, I buy so many games on Steam anymore anyway...

And I'll be honest, MIR's usually kill it for me unless it's a REALLY good deal. Even then I am anal about making copies and scans of the originals I send in. Even a correctly filled rebate can get rejected, and they do often (I work in a big blue retail chain that used to do MIR's ;) ). Check the [H] thread here for example.

I guess a big question for you is whether or not Galaxy/KFA2 handles you own rebates, or is the work contracted out to a company?

Welcome Shane, +1 for being a rep who communicates, much appreciated.

In terms of games, I agree with you, I'd rather have a cheaper card than a free game. I usually buy a card for a game I cannot play well with my existing system (my software purchases drive my hardware purchases), so free games would not be a huge boon. Plus, I buy so many games on Steam anymore anyway...

And I'll be honest, MIR's usually kill it for me unless it's a REALLY good deal. Even then I am anal about making copies and scans of the originals I send in. Even a correctly filled rebate can get rejected, and they do often (I work in a big blue retail chain that used to do MIR's ;) ). Check the [H] thread here for example.

I guess a big question for you is whether or not Galaxy/KFA2 handles you own rebates, or is the work contracted out to a company?

We do outsource our MIR's. Every company I have been involved with does, most of the time I have found the problem is not with the MIR company it is with the company that is supposed to be paying the bill. We make sure the rebates are paid promptly by keeping a large reserve for them to draw from and we are in contact daily.

Waterblock or high end air cooler adds to the value of a card more than Software IMHO.

You guys would be very popular for years to come with two things that will win over the enthusiast community if you chose to do so:

Nice nonreference coolers and multiphase power designs on gpu and memory on the card. Thats what quality is all about IMO. Do that at a competitive price point and I will buy your products often. ;)

Waterblock or high end air cooler adds to the value of a card more than Software IMHO.

You guys would be very popular for years to come with two things that will win over the enthusiast community if you chose to do so:

Nice nonreference coolers and multiphase power designs on gpu and memory on the card. Thats what quality is all about IMO. Do that at a competitive price point and I will buy your products often. ;)

and a better warranty. i stricktly buy Visiontek, bfg, xfx for their warranties.

+1!
Basically if you have different billing and shipping adress (like I do) you can forget about the MIR anyways.
If MIR it should be handled like Staples does , you file it online with a rebate code and get your check in less than 2 weeks.
I dont get the whole point of those MIR anyways , whats the big deal givin an instant rebate instead of MIR if the company wants to give a rebate on their product anyways.

+1!
Basically if you have different billing and shipping adress (like I do) you can forget about the MIR anyways.
If MIR it should be handled like Staples does , you file it online with a rebate code and get your check in less than 2 weeks.
I dont get the whole point of those MIR anyways , whats the big deal givin an instant rebate instead of MIR if the company wants to give a rebate on their product anyways.

Cause most people forget to file them and that means more money for the company. Thats why they do it.

Cause most people forget to file them and that means more money for the company. Thats why they do it.

MIR's are a big issue I see on the forum so I will ask everyone's opinion and see what comes out. Let's say we only have $10 we can afford to spend. We have a $179.99 card and we put a $30 MIR on it bringing it to a net price point of $149.99. Only 30% of the people will claim the MIR typically at this price point vs the spend, obviously the higher the MIR the higher the redemption. Would everyone rather get $30 on a MIR or $10 instant?

15 dollar instant, 15 dollar rebate :)
In my eyes, the better the buy it now price ( this is what i pay when i buy it) the better.

MIRs are a HUGE pain, and they really do hurt sales, too.

While some folks are studious in doing them, they raise the INITIAL price of the card... sometimes beyond what the budget can afford. In my case, there have been times I'll buy something at a slightly higher price (but lower initial price), with no MIRs, because I can't afford to wait 8-12 weeks to receive a check... the credit card company wants to be paid NOW, not in 12 weeks. Lower the price the best you can... but if you absolutely MUST do MIRs, just do it purely electronically (bonus: you potentially get to add your buyers to your Galaxy Newsletter/Marketing stuff), with a code included with the card (in package), along with needing the serial number and the order number or whatever. Pay it out as store credit through your partners or Paypal... I bet all the big Internet stores would be dying to have the rebate only end up being a store credit to their store.

Bundled games also don't do much for me... I don't think there's ever been one I've actually played, regardless, for more than an hour or so. Latest bundled in was Alone in the Dark... but I don't play FPSes, I'm a RTS kind of guy. So the game will get dropped in my son's stocking... and his machine probably doesn't have the graphics chops to play the game "nicely". He's an FPS kind of guy (he's 19), but he picks and chooses what he wants.

So no games, though feel free to put in the appropriate NVIDIA or ATI Tech Demos on a disk to show off what the card can do (or just throw in a disk that contains the latest 3DMark... that should be cheap enough to include). Oh, and nearly all of the card makers now include some kind of tuning... it's nice, but it's now expected. In other words, it's not a Plus to have it (though it might be a Minus to lose it!), kind of like the driver disk.

Oh, and someone was suggesting a way to differentiate yourself even further... CONFIGURABLE cards... offer a "baseline" card (however you tune it) with multiple cooling configurations:; Dual Slot/Low Noise, Dual Slot/Super Cooled, Single Slot (Air), Single Slot (factory installed Waterblock), Single Slot (BARE-No Cooling, buyer must purchase cooling for warrenty!). That way, enthusiasts will see your card as one that THEY choose exactly what they want in terms of cooling/noise/footprint... the cooling may have different costs (leading to slightly different final card costs), but it would make it so much easier to CHOOSE... and making your brand the easiest to choose is what you need, right?

I guess I'll close by saying also: Lifetime Warrenties ++; it's a much bigger thing in a buyer's mind than it actually is (the cards last 5-6 years anyway, at which point they're so obsolete that no one would care much if it dies, anyway).

MIR's are a big issue I see on the forum so I will ask everyone's opinion and see what comes out. Let's say we only have $10 we can afford to spend. We have a $179.99 card and we put a $30 MIR on it bringing it to a net price point of $149.99. Only 30% of the people will claim the MIR typically at this price point vs the spend, obviously the higher the MIR the higher the redemption. Would everyone rather get $30 on a MIR or $10 instant?

First, welcome to the forum! It's good to see company reps that respond to feedback! On to your question...

$10 instant for sure. Examples of my frustration with MIRs:

I just found the $30 MIR form for my 8800GTS like a week ago (buried under some junk on my desk). Too bad that expired many months ago.

I just got a $20 Mushkin rebate a week ago. I had submitted that rebate the last week of May. By the time I even got it, I had assumed they lost it in the mail or at the processing center lol.

First, welcome to the forum! It's good to see company reps that respond to feedback! On to your question...

$10 instant for sure. Examples of my frustration with MIRs:

I just found the $30 MIR form for my 8800GTS like a week ago (buried under some junk on my desk). Too bad that expired many months ago.

I just got a $20 Mushkin rebate a week ago. I had submitted that rebate the last week of May. By the time I even got it, I had assumed they lost it in the mail or at the processing center lol.

The 8800 GTS one is your own fault, dont complain to him when you misplaced it.

Yeah thats one the 2 big sucks about rebates. You get em 3 months later

Wow, another official rep on [H]. Looking forward to some really great deals. :cool:

The 8800 GTS one is your own fault, dont complain to him when you misplaced it.

Yeah thats one the 2 big sucks about rebates. You get em 3 months later

The point is that it's a pain in the ass to mail in a form and wait 3 months. In my case, I got the card and forgot all about the rebate as the buying process had been over for several days by the time I got the card in the mail. I wasn't complaining; I was simply giving two examples of typical MIR scenarios. Don't make assanine assumptions like that.

IMO, MIRs are really a scam to get people to buy (typically, average-priced) products as they know a low % will actually fill them out and, even then, plenty are "lost in transit".

Here's another great example:

I sent in a D-Link MIR for a switch and they sent me a letter 2 months later saying I sent an invalid UPC code. I still have a photocopy showing it's legit, but is it really worth the hassle at this point?

actually, that's not why they do it. rebates are how a company ensures that customers get a lower price. let's say newegg buys a card from galaxy for $125 and they sell it for $150 for a profit of $25 per card. galaxy wants to lower the price to encourage more poeple to buy the card. if they sold the card to newegg for $100, what would prevent newegg from keeping the price at $150 and just making $25 more dollars per card?

hence the point of a rebate. surprisingly, despite all the horror stories out there about people not getting their rebates, rebates are designed to ensure that the end customer gets the lower price, which sadly makes them a necessary evil.

how would they even make money from customers not getting their rebates? he said they set aside a large amount of money to ensure that everybody gets their rebates. so they're expecting customers to take the rebate money and actually hope that the customers do. if the money is set aside they can't use it anyways, so they aren't making any extra money.

actually, that's not why they do it. rebates are how a company ensures that customers get a lower price. let's say newegg buys a card from galaxy for $125 and they sell it for $150 for a profit of $25 per card. galaxy wants to lower the price to encourage more poeple to buy the card. if they sold the card to newegg for $100, what would prevent newegg from keeping the price at $150 and just making $25 more dollars per card?

hence the point of a rebate. surprisingly, despite all the horror stories out there about people not getting their rebates, rebates are designed to ensure that the end customer gets the lower price, which sadly makes them a necessary evil.

how would they even make money from customers not getting their rebates? he said they set aside a large amount of money to ensure that everybody gets their rebates. so they're expecting customers to take the rebate money and actually hope that the customers do. if the money is set aside they can't use it anyways, so they aren't making any extra money.

A for effort, but no.

That is a really tough question. For people like me who have always been anal about making copies etc (I even send mine certified mail if they are over $20), the more off the better, At the same time I would rather there be an instant rebate. I guess it depends on what kind of reputation your rebates get. I know that some companies like crucial and corsair are very reliable with their rebates, so i have less of a problem doing it through them, but I will never get a HIS card with rebates.

Once burned forever lost in my book when it comes to these...
More than instant vs MIR, if you guys have a good, reliable rebate company, then I personally would not have a problem....

it was sarcasm, i like the videos. I'm 7/7 on rebates atm with 2 outstanding should get by november.

Back