• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Great 4870x2 driver crash

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,366
I am having driver problem with this card... again. Due to a sleep crash from vista, both of my OSes (Vista32 and Vista64) refuse to boot. I can get into safe mode no problem, but whenever I tries to boot it normally it either goes into BSOD or black with mouse right after windows loading bar. I have no idea how exactly does 1 crash effected both of my OSes which are located on different drives. I am typing this on a fresh install of Win7 64 RC, which doesn't seem to have any problem with display driver yet.

Any idea how to fix this problem and make my vista last 1 more month?

P.S. According the safe mode, the crash is caused by display driver failure. But ATI uninstall refuse to load under safe mode. Could I use driver sweeper and wipe the ATi files that way so Vista could use it's "in house" temporary driver to get normal mode working?
 
Any idea? Now I am having problem installing driver on my Win 7 partition. Everytime I try to install I get BSOD and have to recover back to reinstall stage. But the card works perfectly without ATI driver and still being able to run at 1920x1200. Is it my card or something else?
 
I had a similar problem like this with my previous Asus 4870x2, turns out that the card basically burned itself out. Worked great without CCC/ATI drivers but there was no 3D acceleration. Contacted Asus and they replaced it. I cleaned the drives, did clean OS installs, put the card into another machine, problem still happened.

If you're able to, put the card into another rig and see if the problem still happens, if is does RMA it.
 
Also I was getting a BSOD when the drivers were installed, If I removed the drivers completely I could boot into windows, within windows when I installed the ATI drivers they would install fine and ask me to restart. Once I restarted it would go to the windows boot screen and just stall there for a while, then go to a blank screen, idle there for about 10-20minutes and then BSOD ATIKMDAG.sys error.
 
Back
Top