• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

gray screen of death issues

Valset

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
6,533
why I am having the issues again I don't know. I thought I was done then the issues came back. mostly in DX9 or DX10 games.

I have tried several driver installs, two different bios updates all to no avail.

should I try RMA ing my card ? card is sig
 
GSOD is usually caused by corrupt memory. I can simulate GSOD if I crank up the memory past 1300Mhz. Try downclocking your memory on your HD 5870.
 
Try setting your power options to high performance, then inside that tab set pcie link state power management to maximum power saving.
 
GSOD is usually caused by corrupt memory. I can simulate GSOD if I crank up the memory past 1300Mhz. Try downclocking your memory on your HD 5870.

I haven't tried this, I did try and down clock the gpu. I will try this tonight.
 
Try setting your power options to high performance, then inside that tab set pcie link state power management to maximum power saving.

I think that is what the last bios did. do you think its worth trying manually?
 
Under windows 7 I do this. No more issues. I also set the pci link state power management in the bios to enabled.
 
Back
Top