GRAW xbox 360 version vs pc version

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for xbox 360 thinking it was going to be the same for pc. Well, it turns out that they are not. The PC version is different than the xbox 360 version. The pc version is all first person with view of the rifle and the levels are not only bigger but with a different layout as well. There are some other differences too i think. I already beat the xbox 360 version. My question is would it be worth it to sell my xbox 360 version and get the pc version when it comes out? Do you think it will be a whole new experience because its a different point of view and also bigger and different layout of levels? What do you think. Now that I found this out, I would have waited for the pc version, but I still liked it for the xbox. What do you think?

I'm sure it can only be better. Personally, I've considered doing the same thing since the 360 version's multiplayer doesn't hold my interest that well.

You're call, but I would hold onto the game until the PC version comes out. They might release a demo as they did for the Xbox 360 version. Then you could try it out and decide for yourself.

I just finished the campaign mode yesterday and enjoyed it very much. I also love playing the multiplayer mode online with other [H] members as well as doing 4-player split screen co-op with friends and family.

the only thing i don't like about the online split screen on the xbox 360 is when you play online with anything but one person, all you can see on the screen is a cross hair and that is not very appealing. I think I will sell my 360 version right before the pc version comes out cause, like you, said it can only be better. And it is suppose to be different by the way. I didn't know the pc version was strictly first person with a view of the rifle. That's another reason why I like the pc version.

The PS2 and XBOX version are first person only also, and are not very good games.

there was another thread about this and i read in a review that the pc version is totaly differet, such as: first person, better grapphics, it was made by a totaly different team and theres more... but im going to get the pc version after seeing some of the ingame videos. it looks awesome

Usually, when a game comes out again a while after its initial release it's better :p

steviep said:
Usually, when a game comes out again a while after its initial release it's better :p

You mean like the PS2 version? :p . I have the 360 version and havent yet finished it. If the PC version is sufficiently different then i may get hold of it. But if its just an enhanced 360 version i'm gonna skip it.

Skirrow said:
You mean like the PS2 version? :p . I have the 360 version and havent yet finished it. If the PC version is sufficiently different then i may get hold of it. But if its just an enhanced 360 version i'm gonna skip it.

I read an article that no only are the levels bigger, but the layout is different. On top of being firist person with a view of the rifle, different map hud among, other things, i think it will feel like a whole different game and experience.

steviep said:

Lets hope so. Im really excited for this game!!

The immediate advantage over the console version is mouse+keyboard control, which IMO is almost integral on a shooting game. This alone will make me consider a purchase :)

Yeh, definetly agree on the mouse+keyboard, maybe that's another reason they went with the first person view. I still need to finish the 360 version, but if it's anything to go by, the PC version will kick much ass too.

I would go so far as to to simply recommend this game for any system you can get it on. It's such an awesome game that I say play it on anything you can. I can only imagine that having better graphics would be a boon, but I think it controls fine on the consoles as well.

After reading that they tailored each version of the game to each particular systems strengths I thought that was a really smart move. I would have liked the 360 version to have independent squad controls but it was fine as is.

I may grab the PC version once I upgrade my PC later this year, especially with the PPU upgrades.

Simply an awesome game.

I find the lighting in the 360 version to be too much... its either too dark or too bright... That said I prefer the 3rd person camera. With that little bit of camera shake, it makes the game look so much more visceral... So much more "in the heat of battle"

That said, the PC version will look better AND it supports the AGEIA PHYSX ppu, so I'll have to get it regardless just to test that out.

peace,
OriginalOCer

If the PC is going to be better, different or even the same as the 360 I'd grab it up.

I guess the physics aspect is supposed to be better, especially with the PPU.....but they are not ready for retail release as of yet. Ive read where you can pretty much shoot up everything and use it for cover, etc.

I really like the 360 version and find the online really fun. The split screen is pretty cool but is a bit limited in FOV.

IF the PC is vastly different it may be well worth the bucks......so much coming out soon....Sin Episodes,Half-Life Aftermath......not enough time for all this.

magoo said:
IF the PC is vastly different it may be well worth the bucks......so much coming out soon....Sin Episodes,Half-Life Aftermath......not enough time for all this.

Ain't that the truth.

peace,
OriginalOCer

magoo said:
If the PC is going to be better, different or even the same as the 360 I'd grab it up.

I guess the physics aspect is supposed to be better, especially with the PPU.....but they are not ready for retail release as of yet. Ive read where you can pretty much shoot up everything and use it for cover, etc.

I really like the 360 version and find the online really fun. The split screen is pretty cool but is a bit limited in FOV.

all the more reason they better hurry up and come out with the Immortality pill, or something similiar so we can live to be 200, that would be [H]ardCore, wishful thinking.

Back