GRAW pc demo is out

L1ght said:
What??? No AA? Even if you force it???

I HATE playing games with no AA...... It just looks, consolish.

Is widescreen supported?

Waiting in line to download now.

It does support widescreen, just set aspect ratio to auto (16:10 wasnt listed) and select your resolution from the list.

Wow, those screenshots posted before are the best this game can do on a $3000 computer? It looks like shit; the graphics look like they're about at Desert Combat's level.

I sure hope the game is fun because if that's all it has to offer for visuals it's going to need some killer gameplay.

God damn I hate fileshack's stupid waiting.
You can't just tell it to download when available and go about your business.
Have to sit there and watch it or else you lose your place and have to "try again"
:rolleyes:

800 kb/s down from gamer's hell. Should have just gone there in the first place. :)

Big let down compared to X360 version huh ?
I wonder if the retail game's graphics will improve much ? (probably not)

Runs beautiful on my rig at 1920x1200, im sure theres loads of options missing ie shadows, aa etc, cant wait to pick up the retail version

nobody_here said:
um, no offense, but a 3000+ with a 6800 is pretty low end these days, especially if the 3000+ is running stock and the 6800 is a vanilla 6800 (not GT or Ultra), you're trying to play the latest game out on some pretty dated hardware

Considering that I have no problems with Oblivion at 1280x1024 or even 1680x1050, I'll assume that you're just dissing my rig and don't know what you're talking about. The fact that I can't even get it close to playable at 800x600 is pathetic and means that something is wrong with the demo (terrible port it seems). Its not like I'm trying to "push it to the limit" here... If I can get 60fps in HL2 at 1680x1050 with AA and AF on, why is this completely unplayable at 800x600 WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON AND EVERYTHING ON LOW? riddle me that.

Gnu314 said:
Considering that I have no problems with Oblivion at 1280x1024 or even 1680x1050, I'll assume that you're just dissing my rig and don't know what you're talking about. The fact that I can't even get it close to playable at 800x600 is pathetic and means that something is wrong with the demo (terrible port it seems). Its not like I'm trying to "push it to the limit" here... If I can get 60fps in HL2 at 1680x1050 with AA and AF on, why is this completely unplayable at 800x600 WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON AND EVERYTHING ON LOW? riddle me that.

Actually HL2 is severely CPU dependent. Its how the engine was designed. But yeah something does sound weird there. Maybe they half assed the demo...

So what's with the Ageia Physics driver? I didn't think the in game physics were any better than HL2. Maybe with an actual PPU they will be more impressive, but I doubt it, because that would possibly change the entire gameplay experience.

Gnu314 said:
This demo is terrible, even with everything on low and at 800x600 its still unplayable. My rig isn't terrible either 3000+, 1 gig, 6800. Something must be wrong with the demo.

glad I'm not the only one. My 9800 / AXP-M isn't going to be winning any benchmarks but it's been enough for me to run FEAR, Q4 and other fairly modern titles on low-med details without much trouble.
It wasn't low framerates either, the game would just 'stick' for a second or two like it had to run off the page file every couple of steps with 1gb of RAM on low details... When I got into some of the open battles it was simply unplayable. It wasn't a slide show you'd get if the GPU/CPU was just terribly overmatched, but it was playable - freeze - playable - freeze - ...
A shame as this looks like a pretty cool game - Full spectrum warrior meets Ghost recon.

I just got it and it runs great on my comp with everything on highest. No AA bothers me but i'm sure it will be in the full version. The gameplay is pretty fun, and i really enjoyed it. I'll be picking up this game when it's released for sure. :D BTW i'm running:

Opteron 144 @ 2.8Ghz
DFI Ultra-D Mobo
X1900XT
2Gb G.Skill HZ PC4000

Everyone say it with me now...

I will NOT allow this thread to be gutterized into a console vs. PC fight.

Better now? :D

I take it Ubi is upholding it's promise and the demo is StarForce free?

Has anyone tried using the 360 controller?

Game wont even run for me...crashes everytime i try and play it, just get the black screen then right back to desktop. Lame. And yes I meet the hardware requirments.

This is just a guess but I'm thinking this demo does not support Duel Core AMD processors well.

I'm getting the same FPS as FallGuy's crossfire rig on a single x1800xl with +3400. Now that really makes no sense.

iLLuSioN said:
Game wont even run for me...crashes everytime i try and play it, just get the black screen then right back to desktop. Lame. And yes I meet the hardware requirments.

I'm getting the same thing, too. I tried disabling Daemon Tools, restarting, etc... but, alas, no luck. Does anyone know a fix for this or why it does it?

Gnu314 said:

I really do hate how people will compare the performance of one game to another. HL2 is an OLD GAME even when it was launched. It was postponed and 9800 ran it smooth as silk. Oblivion isn't a fast paced game so but I'm sure you aren't running every feature turned in it either.

As the the 800x600, i will give the benefit of the doubt it's probably demo bugs. Which is another reason why they release demos to hopefully find the bugs quicker.

Netrat33 said:
I really do hate how people will compare the performance of one game to another. HL2 is an OLD GAME even when it was launched. It was postponed and 9800 ran it smooth as silk. Oblivion isn't a fast paced game so but I'm sure you aren't running every feature turned in it either.

Yeah, but even though HL2 is old, it still looks really good in comparison with much newer games. The one thing that it does horribly IMO is dynamic lighting, you know, shadows not conforming to where the light sources are and such. Technologically speaking HL2 is outdated, but I'll be damned if they didn't do an incredible job with what they had.

What's happening is people are looking at GRAW on lower settings and seeing that not only does it not look as good as HL2 but is slower as well, and are of course complaining. And fair enough I say.

I'm only getting around 30-35 fps at 1280x1024 with as many things I can max on the demo as possible. This seems a little crappy to me.. I dunno.

What do you think?

uhhh. The Aegia PhysX "Boxes" demonstration was more fun than the game demo.

yea it ran really smooth for me with everything cracked on,
but I couldn't find the "Make fun" check box :D

Uninstalled

The a.i. sucks, it looks like crap .

I would see this as more of an xbox Graw port than anything else..

NO AA! Makes the game look like crap! Gameplay is fun tho. Cant wait to play co op. :cool:

It looks like lots of people with nvidia cards are having problems. Saw a post on another forum that said the latest beta drivers on nvidias site make it much better.
I will definetly be buying this game when it comes out. Looks awesome. And sounds unbelieveable. It is like someone is firing a gun in the room with me. My sub is right at my feet and everytime I fire I feel the air pushed across my feet. LOL Forcefeedback guns now !!! :)
Can't wait for multiplayer.

Will download and cry as my poor little 6200 kills itself in protest.

On second thought, I don't even have 1 gig of ram, stopping the download.

Demo runs fine for me @1680x1050.All the settings are on high and 8xAF..Rig is in sig..Will definitely buy this one as Im wanting to try a new genre and this one isnt overly tactical..That A.D.D. thing I have :p ..

Tweaking the xml file and putting the texture settings to high craps the game out down to just below 30 fps. Guessing that the high texture setting in demo is unrefined seeing how the setting is not in the in game menu.

Getting about 50 fps on medium texture, everything else high with 16x Ansiotropic filtering (or whatever its called) at 1280 x 1024. Have MSI 7800GT with x2 3800+.

Can anyone confirm the crappy fps at high textures?

tomcat said:
Tweaking the xml file and putting the texture settings to high craps the game out down to just below 30 fps. Guessing that the high texture setting in demo is unrefined seeing how the setting is not in the in game menu.

How do you enable high textures on the demo ?

Wow, the amount of misinformation floating around this thread is amazing.

First, obviously all the settings aren't available. Texture details are only up to medium... AA isn't running, neither is HDR, and there are still some bugs to work out. Obviously this is an incomplete demo version only. Usually these kinds of demos come with a little "This is only 80% of the final content. Please do not judge final product on the quality of the demo" tag somewhere.

Second, the pc version was made by a different developer than all of the console versions. They are both roughly based around the same story line, but otherwise the engine is different for each (in order to cater to the play styles of consoles and pcs seperately). Which I think is a great idea. This game feels a lot more like the first ghost recon than anything the consoles have done.

Third, if you've seen any of the video footage of the pc version running with all the bells and whistles you'll see that it is in-fact equal to the xbox 360 version (as long as you hardware will support it).

IMO as long as some of the bugs are worked out I have high hopes for this game (especially the multiplayer portion.)

Please do some research before posting and hold your comments on the end product until you actually see the end product.

Necessary said:
Wow, the amount of misinformation floating around this thread is amazing.
>> Wow, the amount of misinformation coming out of your mouth is amazing

Necessary said:
First, obviously all the settings aren't available.
>>Having seen and played the full game, yes those are all the options available

Necessary said:
Texture details are only up to medium...
>>This setting is video card dependent. 512MB gets you high setting

Necessary said:
AA isn't running
>>AA doesnt run period

Necessary said:
there are still some bugs to work out.
>>So they released a demo of a game thats out in 1 week from an old alpha/beta build

Necessary said:
Obviously this is an incomplete demo version only. Usually these kinds of demos come with a little "This is only 80% of the final content. Please do not judge final product on the quality of the demo" tag somewhere.
>>I didnt see any tag of anything

Necessary said:
Please do some research before posting and hold your comments on the end product until you actually see the end product.
>>I think you should take your own advice............OOPS, TO LATE!

Quoted from GameSpot:

"and it's important to note that the PC version of Advanced Warfighter is vastly different from the recently released Xbox 360 version. This is essentially a different game, built on a different graphics engine, with different (and larger) levels than those seen in the console versions,"

Why is everyone bashing this game for being a "console port" when it technically isn't one?

Blah, this game plays MUCH worse than the 360 version IMO. The 360 version was beautiful to behold - it felt awesome the way that game was set up. But the PC version here... completely different gameplay wise (in a way I don't like), and its graphics are crap compared to the 360.

Back