Hey guys,
Well, I have been obsessing about this and I just need to get it out in the open with the hope that some of your thoughts will set me straight.
Given: I am building a new system for Windows Vista x64. I will be using the system for a lot of things including: my work (programming), email, web browsing, gaming, watching and recording HDTV.
My specs currently include:
Core 2 Duo E6600 (planning to overclock to 3 GHz+)
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR mobo
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2x1GB) TWIN2X2048-6400C4
1x WD Raptor WD1500ADFD
3x Maxtor MaxLine Pro 500
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS
Dell 3007 wfp
cheapo 19" (4:3) LCD monitor
Which *one* of the following should I get:
Upgrade 8800GTS to GTX
2 more sticks of the Corsair memory
a 4th Maxline Pro
a 2nd Raptor
a 20" widscreen LCD (to sit next to the 3007wfp in portrait mode and replace the cheapo 19")
none of the above
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I have been deliberating about this far too long
. Thanks!
Well, I have been obsessing about this and I just need to get it out in the open with the hope that some of your thoughts will set me straight.
Given: I am building a new system for Windows Vista x64. I will be using the system for a lot of things including: my work (programming), email, web browsing, gaming, watching and recording HDTV.
My specs currently include:
Core 2 Duo E6600 (planning to overclock to 3 GHz+)
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR mobo
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2x1GB) TWIN2X2048-6400C4
1x WD Raptor WD1500ADFD
3x Maxtor MaxLine Pro 500
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS
Dell 3007 wfp
cheapo 19" (4:3) LCD monitor
Which *one* of the following should I get:
Upgrade 8800GTS to GTX
2 more sticks of the Corsair memory
a 4th Maxline Pro
a 2nd Raptor
a 20" widscreen LCD (to sit next to the 3007wfp in portrait mode and replace the cheapo 19")
none of the above
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I have been deliberating about this far too long