Graphics Card Recommendation

K -

n00b
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
57
Hi Guys,
Should I go with ATI or NVIDIA graphics card when my system will either be on a P55/X58 chip i7.
I'm looking to buy a 5870 1GB ati over nvidia but that's just because I've been recommended by a friend.
 
Hi Guys,
Should I go with ATI or NVIDIA graphics card when my system will either be on a P55/X58 chip i7.
I'm looking to buy a 5870 1GB ati over nvidia but that's just because I've been recommended by a friend.

I would suggest you hold off, period. In about 10 days AMD is going to be releasing their 6 series cards, which should push prices down on all the older cards, or at the least give you another alternative. If you say, NO, I have to buy today. I would suggest a Nvidia GTX460 1GB card, as two of those together kick some serious *** and don't break the bank.
 
I would think 2 x latest 1GB graphics card would still be overkill on modern games?
 
I would think 2 x latest 1GB graphics card would still be overkill on modern games?

Depends on the resolution. A lot of people are moving on to 28+ inch screens. Its near impossible to run games on high settings at that level.
 
I would think 2 x latest 1GB graphics card would still be overkill on modern games?

Depends on the resolution and settings. Two 5770s, each with 1GB or VRam, would choke with a game like Cysis or Metro 2033 at 2560*1600 or above with high AA.

Edit: Slow connection meant I was beat to the punch..
 
I would think 2 x latest 1GB graphics card would still be overkill on modern games?

Keep in mind that each card can only use the 1GB frame buffer , it doesn't combine into 2GB frame buffer.

Wait for the 6000 series to come out , check the benchmarks and you'll profit by saving money.
 
Back
Top