• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Graphics card question

4LC4PON3

DERP!
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
4,230
I own probrably every game out and i do play them all at times. I know my PC IS NOT the greatest and I am expecting bottlenecking. so lets just keep it on the subject and not knock my PC LOL

I do plan on upgrading very soon to an i7 machine but the pc is as is until i get the funds. How much of a difference will i see from my Galaxy 9600GT OC to a HIS 4850?

Games played right now (9600GT 1920x1080):
Call of juarez (Blood): Maxed no Problem
COD WAW: Maxed no Problem
Crysis Warhead: I can run all medium settings with textures on gamer smooth but thats it.
Prototype: Maxed no Problem
GhostBusters: here is where i run into Problems. I can run everything on LOW Smooth but thats it.
Far Cry 2: I havent tested this yet will be installing soon.

So as you can see I can play most games perfectly fine and from what ive read the 4850 is a huge step above my 9600GT OC. Just looking for opinions of what you think about the 2 cards.

amd dual core 4450e
4gb ram
ECS mobo
9600gt oc
antec earthwatts 430
640gb sata HDD
bluray
DVD DL burner
Res: 1920x1080.


The New GFX card just I just ordered ($99.00, Free Shipping, Free Game, 20 Dollar mail in Rebate). Im also selling my 9600GT OC to a friend of mine for 50 bucks so basicly I only paid 49 Dollars for the 4850 and if i ever get the rebate back i would only spend 29.00 for the 4850
HIS H485QT512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported IceQ4 Turbo Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16814161244
 
Back
Top