Graphics Card Installation Problems!!

Hey everybody,

I'm new to messing around with my computer and recently I have been getting tired of playing on all low settings with only 20fps while playing League of Legends so I went out and bought a new Nvidia gt 610 graphics card for my Hp Slimline s5510y. Crappy computer for gaming I know. I linked the specs of the computer and the graphics card to the name of them so you can see what I'm working with. I'm not concerned with the fact that the graphics card recommends a higher wattage than my pc has (300-350w to my pc's 220w).

So, to get to the point.... the graphics card isn't showing up in my device manager and when I uninstall the integrated graphics card that I have, the display adapter option goes away. I have changed in my BIOS from the PCI slot to the PCI-Express x16 slot where the card is seated. I have removed and reseated it several times, and the checked that the fan is spinning. It seems like it is plugged in just fine. and when I try to install the driver it tells me that it can't find the proper hardware. I have tried installing using both the cd it came with and finding the proper driver installer from nvidia's website. Another problem I'm having is that when I plug my monitor into the VGA port, it wont display anything, but I figure that may be because it isn't even installed yet.

So please if anyone can help me remedy this problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Now due to the fact that I'm unfamiliar with the BIOS on your system. It may be entirely possible that you have to check your BIOS to look for the non-on board graphics adapter. I know in some of my BIOS setups I've had to tell it to use the graphics adapter on the PCI-E slot versus the default of using the onboard video, but most nowadays pick up on that automatically.

eh I'm pretty sure everything in my BIOS is correct, but what I did in there is a bit fuzzy so I'll give it another look to make sure it isn't on board enabled or anything like that.

If you plug your monitor into the video card and then turn on the computer, does it show anything up until windows loads?

I am assuming you are getting to device manager WHEN using the video card? If not you need to completely disable the onboard video in BIOS and plug your monitor into the card.

Back