Graphical Corruption, Unexplainable.

Jerunk

Limp Gawd
After a videocard swap (with the same model) I have been receiving graphical corruption on my desktop.

corrupt26ej.jpg

Now this is the weird part, right after the swap, it was fine, no corruption at all. Shut the computer down for the night, cold boot, screen is corrupted.

Now this frustrated me, I reinstalled the drivers about 20 times, made sure the irq's were in check, made sure my graphical settings were correct, yet every time I cold boot, this happens.

The quick fix I have found is to let it cold boot, shut off the power supply, wait about 10 seconds and then bootup, and everything is normal.

Has anyone experienced this before, when everythings normal(like it is now) the card performs flawlessly in games and on the desktop.

Here are some specs:

2 x 3.17ghz xeons (14x226)
1 Gig of Corsair ram
PC-DL Deluxe
Ati x850xt
OCZ Powerstream 520W

Samsung 930b (1280x1024 resolution)
The reason I posted my monitor is because I've seen something similar happening on 7800's with the dell 24 inch monitors.

Some stuff to think about, I know this kind of corruption can occur with bad memory timings on the videocard, memory timings are stock, I have underclocked the card severly, does not help at all. The Card idles around 35 degrees, loads about 70.

I have already formatted and that has not helped at all.

I can't even explain why this happens.

Edit: Oh, I have not tried this card in another system, reason being, my other systems power supplies probably couldn't handle this.

If it is artifacting like that and it's only in a 2D environment, the card it probably just a dud. RMA it.

Have you tried setting everything back to stock, including the Xeons? That's the only thing I can think of, maybe the Xeons are overloading the PSU? I know it's unlikely with the 520w powerstream, but it might be possible.

Tytanium said:
Have you tried setting everything back to stock, including the Xeons? That's the only thing I can think of, maybe the Xeons are overloading the PSU? I know it's unlikely with the 520w powerstream, but it might be possible.

Still the same with stock bios settings.

Why did u swip the video card if you already had the exact same one in already? Did you have problems with the last one too?

I had a similar problem to this not to long ago... does yours also shut down the computer or simply stop transmitting to the monitor? Anyways, RMA it, I just bought a new card.

I thinks its trying to pixel shader yur windows.

i like the funky textures, wanna swap for my 9600xt?

PaintballaXX said:
Why did u swip the video card if you already had the exact same one in already? Did you have problems with the last one too?

The other one overheated.

The motherboard is fine, I've tried several other cards on it too.

I just can't explain why the hell it does this.

Back