Graphic Card Components Simplified?

Dvegaa

n00b
I have been searching for video after video about which graphics cards are better and why. The problem is, in all the videos I have seen they describe the components and features as they would on the box. They will explain what components and features do but in a way where I don't understand what they are talking about.

I have bought graphic cards (GC) in the past but this was strictly out of recommendation. Someone I trusted would recommend a GC and I would buy and install it. The problem is I don't have those connections anymore.

Now I am trying to understand what to look for by research but I don't understand the tech lingo. Are there any videos out there that will explain what components and features do so that a first-time Graphics Card Buyer will understand?

Yes, the best way is to find what you're looking to do with it, then find benchmarks of different cards to see what each will get you in specific cases. Also, I always try to find more than one website as there could easily have been something off in a system that caused some skewed results (either intentionally or just bad setup or w/e). This is the way people know what to recommend, it's not an exact science, especially when you do more than one thing with your PC or run more than a few games, then you just have to find what is in your budget that meets your wants/needs.

Back