Granny needs a voice typing software, does anyone have any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jctusmc03

Gawd
Hopefully this is in the right sub-forum. Like the title says, my granny is looking for a voice typing software for her as she has arthritis in her hands and can barely type these days. She's asked me to find something for her to make it easier to type emails and other things.

I've done a little bit of research on the internet and the one I'm seeing most mentioned is Dragon naturally speaking. Is this considered the best one in general, or is it just advertised better?

Is the Windows voice recognition software worthwhile, or should I just count that one out from the start?

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Windows Speech Recognition can be pretty decent if you train it two or three or four times. There are even commands for moving the cursor around on a grid-like system. It's not nearly as fast as using a KB/M, but it's definitely beyond passable for a built-in feature.

Windows Speech Recognition can be pretty decent if you train it two or three or four times. There are even commands for moving the cursor around on a grid-like system. It's not nearly as fast as using a KB/M, but it's definitely beyond passable for a built-in feature.

Awesome I'll just go ahead and set that up, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back