Grand Theft Auto IV Recommended Specs Posted!

3far4shot

Gawd
Here it is on Shacknews, doesn't look to bad, besides the 18GB of required HDD space!!!!!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54727

* Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
* RAM: 2GB
* Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
* Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
* Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Should run pretty good considering it ran fine on the 360. I hope it's not 18GBs because they decided to go with pre-rendered cut scenes. I don't know what could possibly take up that much space.

DVD DL? Theres DVD drives that can't read DL?

Hmm I might be able to pull 4x AA at 1680x1050 with those as the specs.

Should run pretty good considering it ran fine on the 360. I hope it's not 18GBs because they decided to go with pre-rendered cut scenes. I don't know what could possibly take up that much space.

uncompressed audio?

Space makes me doubt the possibilities of an immediate Steam release. It'll take at least 8 hours to download on my connection.

"Key features: new high resolution textures, new multiplayer modes, enhanced match filtering, built-in gameplay clip recorder and editor with Rockstar Social Club integration, optimised PC controls, enhanced uncompressed audio."

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/41528/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Recommended-PC-Specs-Revealed

Should run pretty good considering it ran fine on the 360.

? You cant easily compare PCs to Consoles like that because consoles are optimized to play games only and dont have all the other background stuff going on.

My god, the console fanboys were right, WE ALL NEED A $5000 PC to even attempt to run GTAIV

(read via teh gtaforums)

My god, the console fanboys were right, WE ALL NEED A $5000 PC to even attempt to run GTAIV

(read via teh gtaforums)

Thats hardly $5k worth of hardware..Unless you buy a Falcon or Alienware..:p

? You cant easily compare PCs to Consoles like that because consoles are optimized to play games only and dont have all the other background stuff going on.

The 360 is inferior to any decently built gaming pc rig. So I think its easy to compare for anyone who has a gaming machine.

(read via teh gtaforums)

How are those specs $5000 dollars worth?, you can get a E8400, 2GB RAM, and a decent 512MB video card for a decent price thats way below 5 Grand. And it will run it way better then any of the Console versions.

If some crappy ''Cell'' Processor can play it, then i am sure pretty much most CPU's can handle it.

it´s coming to PC!?!?!

yippie ki-yay!!!... u know the rest ;)

I already have it for 360 but I'll probably pick it up for PC since it will have all sorts of goodies. That and I hope the PC version will load areas quicker unlike the 360 version where sometimes you'll find yourself driving down a road with no textures...

Can't go wrong with keyboard and mouse combo either, I was rocking with Vice City PC.

Back