Grand Theft Auto IV: First Look (OXM)

Looks alright i guess. We'll see how it does when it comes out. Hate the fact MS paid 50 million for exclusive content, which will probably be on a separate DVD and not worth it. I don't see this game being as outstanding and awesome as the others if it's based in a smaller world. One can only assume they are putting this on one DVD and the smaller world is because of the bumped up graphics, and interiors. I want a freakin GTA game the size of a state, filled with massive amounts of content. This "small world" GTA better allow us to walk into every building and have some outstanding multi player components. MMO like components would be outstanding.

Just my opinion, but I'd much rather a tightly packed, well designed game world than having miles of nothing in particular like San Andreas.

smaller world works if its a city. too much open space in san andreas. though there should be some nice high rise highways to have fun on.

Err, Just so everyone knows, the link in the OP is to the last page of the preview :p, so make sure you click the first/second pages for more info.

Err, Just so everyone knows, the link in the OP is to the last page of the preview :p, so make sure you click the first/second pages for more info.

DOH! I could have swore I went back to the first page, before I copied the link. Anyway, it's fixed now.

Thanks.

Hate the fact MS paid 50 million for exclusive content, which will probably be on a separate DVD and not worth it.

You think you're going to get a free bonus DVD, from Microsoft? I think you'll have to purchase the extra content from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Just my opinion, but I'd much rather a tightly packed, well designed game world than having miles of nothing in particular like San Andreas.

yea, i got bored with SA quick, went back to vice city for the 80s environemnt and the more compact city...

I hope IV is no more than 2x size of VC, but just a ton more detail...

I think the roof tops of the skyscrapers in Algonquin will look amazing. I'm sure there will be things to climb. I have high expectations for the interiors but I'm trying not to get too worked up. The inside of Grand Central Station looked great in the trailer.

They state IV is larger than any single city in SA. Los Santos was good sized but probably less than 1/4 the size of the game's playable surface area. IMO anything near the size of LS is too small for the entire game of GTA IV with all the boroughs. Detail is good but it's still got to feel like a real city and not be too miniaturized.

Doesn't look good to me. I liked the openness, the various amount of vehicles and the "un-seriousness" of GTA: SA. Looks like they are taking all that away.

This thread got me to go back and play SA again... but I'd forgotten just how ugly it is and I'm far too much of a graphics whore these days. :(

Im suprised that i dont really care about gta4 than i did with san andreas.Maybe becuase it went multi platform!:mad:

Im suprised that i dont really care about gta4 than i did with san andreas.Maybe becuase it went multi platform!:mad:

Why on earth should that affect your opinon of a game? Because more people will get to play it now?

I don't get it. Why would you not want it to go mult-platform? That just means everyone gets to play it without having to worry about getting a different system. I for one wish all games were multi-platform. I would be able to sell my 360 or PS3 if they were. :)

The only real downside to multi-platform is that often one version gets the shaft as a crappy port, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I've always been a fan of the GTA series from the get go, meaning GTA original on PC. Loved GTA III, if they had put the VC system of buying stuff and missions and what not into the GTA III city and storyline....ahhh would have been amazing. Hated SA, just didn't do it to me, too much wandering. Hopefully, like most of you have commented, IV is more compact.

Back