Gran Turismo

2eek66a.jpg
15h24na.jpg
n6b8s4.jpg
2vttmya.jpg

Damn Polyphony Digital are graphics gods. The modeling, and especially the lighting is in another league.

IMO 458 Italia is Ferrari's prettiest rear mid engine V8 design since the 355. :cool:

If that's in game, then color me impressed. nothing they've shown so far looks remotely that good. Kudos to Polyphony for doing the car justice. It's gonna be a fun holiday with FM3 and GT5 both out, assuming GT5 makes the cut this year.

A beautifully sequenced and mixed video, but I wouldn't ever believe that the PS3 could bring us in-race graphics like what's on display here for Ferrari.

Still, makes me excited for veiwing some replays of my 'better' races. :D

PD is doing what it does best......creating a beautiful video of a car with untouchable attention to detail, that won't be represented like that in the actual game. It's all about car passion anyway, so I will take it.

that is a great looking video, it does look a little bit better than prologue but other than that I didn't see anything mind blowing... I wasn't expecting much more to be frank on the graphical side, at this point I'm more interested in AI, sound, and network.

Maybe a higher quality video will show more detail

...and the ferrari video, omg that was beautiful.

We're a few short hours away from the TGS, and what is certain to be a few days worth of new details about GT5. We'll see a little more of what's up, anyways.

God I hope so, I'm building my racing cockpit for GT and It would be great if I could have it in my hands by Santa Claus time.

Ferrari damage, or not?

ferraridamage.png

Here's the video feed the picture came from. The 'damage' is shown, buddy on the camera says "Ferrari damage". 8:00-8:20, or 6:34 if you're counting down.

I dunno, sketchy video. I'm inclined to believe that it's damage.

I know you can't post in the Forza thread and it's killing you, but please don't stink up this thread with your nonsense.

We could go count posts in that thread and have a good laugh, but let's not :rolleyes:

Anyway, you don't think Sony's keynote address at the tokyo game show on how complete this game is is relevant to the thread?

I want to believe it's either some simple mistake or a pretty conservative estimate. Maybe KY's leaving some percentages open for DLC packs. :D

I guess that's cool, it's not a top ten feature to me though. Didn't care enough to even mention it, actually, though I'm sure it will add massively to the immersion in any race with required pit stops.

Waiting on that conference.

:mad: Brutal. Oh well, I actually expected to be disappointed so kudos to them. :D

Last edited:
psp version will keep me busy untill then, and those with 360s and ps3s have forza to keep them occupied.

don't worry, you will.

"Well, it's about damn time. Sony revealed during their second press conference of the day that Gran Turismo 5 finally has a solid release date. It will be out in March 2010 in Japan"

Did you mean "you will" in christmas 2010?

If GT5 does get released hear in the US in March it's gonna suck cuz GoW3 will be here then too.

Surely they wouldn't release 2 big titles the same month like that.

I think it's unlikely they'll be getting a worldwide release in March. They'd have announced it as such if they thought they had a chance of doing it. As it is, March 31st is pretty much the last day they can release it and still have it show up in Sony's fiscal 2009/2010 so I get the feeling some people at PD are about to start working 36 hour days.

I don't know what to think about Polyphony Digital, they strive for perfection but come on, I have to admit as much as I like Gran Turismo, Turn 10 are killing it with Forza, they release their games on time, they produce a very high quality game that easily matches and even surpasses Gran Turismo in some aspects, in shorter time, it just seems like Turn have their act together while Polyphony are out gazing at flowers for inspiration.

Gran Turismo's damage model does not look that impressive either, there is still that old tire screeching sound, bump cars, no skidmarks... I mean really, have they improved anything other than the graphics?

Why is it taking them this long?

I think GT5 might very well be the only GT game on PS3.

M A R C H 2 0 1 0 ? ? ? J A P A N ? ?

What the fuck. PD is on crack. The stupid thing will be delayed to 2011 as far as I can tell. Jesus.

So will this be highlighted in yet another E3 next year? If so, another automatic win again for sony:rolleyes:
Seriously though, very dissapointing to Sony fans.

Last edited:
Back