Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for PS3 $40 shipped + $15 gift card @ Amazon

wow and they say pc gaming is dead. at least we dont get charged retail price for our demos .

Can GCO be used at Amazon? That would make this pretty hot. I would actually consider buying GT5P if that were the case. $15 isn't bad, but $40 for a demo is retarded.

Can GCO be used at Amazon? That would make this pretty hot. I would actually consider buying GT5P if that were the case. $15 isn't bad, but $40 for a demo is retarded.
img4.jpg

Agreed, although some hardcore fan boys might want in.

I would pay 15 for it, but 40 is darn outrageous to pay for a demo. I guess they have to make money to finish the game whenever it comes out as it seems for like forever.

even as a demo its better than any other racing game out there. and they are coming out with expansion packs for this "demo" over the next few months.

even as a demo its better than any other racing game out there. and they are coming out with expansion packs for this "demo" over the next few months.

wow you have to get out of the closet.....:)

grid blows that demo out of the water. unless i was drunk when i was playing it but i rented grid and it is amazing.

there is alot of racing choices out there and the above quote seems like you need to rent more racing games.

no offense!

dont want to crap all over this thread but, even as a fan of the Gran Turismo series, i know there are far better racing games out there (maybe not so many for the conoles...). Live for Speed and GTR (both 1 and 2) have far better physics, though they are PC titles.

but yeah...to sorta get back on topic, will these "expansion packs" be free to download

the gran turismo series isn't bad, but as is stated there are in fact better racing games out there. gt series is ok, better than need for speed, ridge racer and sega gt, on par with forza and as mentioned, grid kills it.

also that being said, prologue is still a demo, like...we can argue its a really big demo...but its still a demo. I would justify it if buyers of prologue were getting the full game for like 20 bucks. But you pay 40 for a demo then another 50-60 for the full game.

wow and they say pc gaming is dead. at least we dont get charged retail price for our demos .

touche.

GT5 is one of the reasons I wanted my new PS3 in the first place, but I would rather wait for the real deal than pay for a demo.

GT5 is one of the reasons I wanted my new PS3 in the first place, but I would rather wait for the real deal than pay for a demo.
+1
GT FanBoy here. I love the Gran Turismo series ever since the first one came out. I have spent some wheel time on GT5 Prologue and it is a bit more than a demo (considering most demos only allow 1-2 tracks and 1-2 cars.) However, I am still anxiously holding out for the full version. I don't have a PS3 just because GT5 isn't actually out yet. My wallet is going to die that day because a G25 is also on my shopping list.
As far as actual content on GT5 Prologue, you can finish most of it with a 5 day rental (and PS3 access at work)

In general $40 + $15 GC is awesome for a PS3 release but like the others have stated, GT5 is a friggin demo. Grid FTMFW!!!

I hope they do this for the real GT5 release later this year.

Ive played way too many racing arcade games, but all things considered I feel that the GT series has been going downhill. I'm sure it's nice to have a simulator but as far as a game is concerned, it's rarely re-playable and deeper in the game it seems to just get longer and less motivating.

I do really enjoy this GRID game that came out, it allows for alot of change in cars, without trying to make a game played with a controller too "realistic".

I'd find it better if they sold GT5 with a steering wheel and pedal kit included for a bit more, because apparently the game deserves it... SNORE.

I can't believe people are supporting Grid in this thread. I downloaded the demo last night because you guys were saying it was good and I'm sorry, but that game is horrible. The car dynamics are no where even close to realistic and the cars have no "feel".

Then again, I'm one of those guys that bought a wheel and converted over an old racing seat to a chair for playing GTR2 (which is the best racing game ever made). I duno, being a person who actually participates in auto sports, arcade games get on my nerves. Like in grid when you can turn while braking...yeah that's realistic.....

I can't believe people are supporting Grid in this thread. I downloaded the demo last night because you guys were saying it was good and I'm sorry, but that game is horrible. The car dynamics are no where even close to realistic and the cars have no "feel".

Then again, I'm one of those guys that bought a wheel and converted over an old racing seat to a chair for playing GTR2 (which is the best racing game ever made). I duno, being a person who actually participates in auto sports, arcade games get on my nerves. Like in grid when you can turn while braking...yeah that's realistic.....

QFT
i cant wait till the new GTR game (GTR Evolution) is released

You know whats not horrible about GRID, the fact that all the AI is more realistic.

Unlike GT where all the cars reach the exact same way going through the track, and god forbid you brush one (or intentionally ram one) YOU get thrown away and Mr. AI is still on the path to victory.

You'd think after 4 previous versions that there would be an improvement in that area.

You know whats not horrible about GRID, the fact that all the AI is more realistic.

Unlike GT where all the cars reach the exact same way going through the track, and god forbid you brush one (or intentionally ram one) YOU get thrown away and Mr. AI is still on the path to victory.

You'd think after 4 previous versions that there would be an improvement in that area.

That's because this isn't a completed game. Even GT4 had somewhat intelligent AI. You can't judge the quality of GT5 based on Prologue.

That's because this isn't a completed game. Even GT4 had somewhat intelligent AI. You can't judge the quality of GT5 based on Prologue.

No offense but I'll believe it when I see it. To me that in itself is enough to choose Grid's AI over any of the previous versions of GT (for certain).

No offense but I'll believe it when I see it. To me that in itself is enough to choose Grid's AI over any of the previous versions of GT (for certain).
He's right for now, supposedly they didn't add the advanced AI and physics to Prologue. I'm with you though, we'll see how this thing really plays when it's released(whenever that is).

There is no way that Polyphony would keep moving the game back if they weren't going to make it awesome in the end. I'm sure they didn't have the AI and Physics done yet so they just left them out and scripted the opponents' cars.

Considering the quality of the previous GT games, I doubt we will be let down. Also, I don't see why Grid keeps coming up, it's not even the same genre of game...

Back