• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Grainy/Flickering 2005FPW

Chada

n00b
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
4
I have a 2005FPW and it worked fine for the first year and then suddenly everything became grainy and pixelated. The problem areas are where there is supposed to be smooth color fades. These areas also flicker. I tried every input and a dvd player and they all have the same result which means it's not a cable or computer issue.

Is it scrap time or does anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be?

I put a few pictures online to try and display the problem. They aren't that great. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dustyrecords/sets/1611106/

Thanks in advance,
Chad
 
If your monitor came with 3 yrs waranty go to Dell support then chat, they will sent you a replacement ;)
 
ahh that's the beauty... they DID send a replacement and it works. But they never asked for the broken one back. :confused: Must've slipped through the cracks. So if I can fix it myself, I've got two.

Which leaves the problem yet unsolved....
 
LOL you are going to be billed for it. It's probably already billed and if you don't pay they'll send you off to collections.
 
Back
Top