grado sr80 speaker replacement?

ourfpshero

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
1,237
can u buy a replacement speaker- i have a set with one side out- it seems to be a bad solder connection- i already destroyed the cable messing with the wiring (i can rewire it)- but much solder work is beyond me

or

for sale cheap :)
 
Well, you can easily resolder the wire...., if that's just it.

One of my speakers teared in half after 3 years, so they had to change it. I went back to a grado retailer, and they changed it for free (I just paid the labor). He said the grado rep sometimes agrees to replace defective parts even when the warranty is over. So I got a brand new grado SR-125 speaker free.

So um, if it's just a solder, and you dont want to do it, bring it to a grado retailer so they can check/repair.

If you want to upgrade, I guess the SR-125 is a good option (sounded much better to be than the SR-80 when I got mine), or the SR-325i, they look killer :)

But if you want to thrash the 80s and get something else, and not pay too much, I think the 125s will blow you away.
 
Back
Top