Grado sr60 + HD 280 Pro or Beyerdynamic dt770s?

alexheinz

Gawd
I'm looking to spend around $150ish. I will be going to college next year and living in a dorm, so I will probably need a closed set. However, I wouldn't mind getting two pairs (1 open, 1 closed) for both situations instead of spending a lot on just one pair. I will probably run these without an amp starting out.

i have the 770 80ohm cans and I love them ! i bought them 3 months ago almost with the intention of getting an amp for them and still havnt. I listen to mostly metal and game on them in cod4 out of an xfi and its awesome. Music is insane to from beastie boys - Slayer.

are they really comfortable? thats what i have heard. i need good a good isolating can and it looks like the beyers have that.

I can wear my 770s for like 15 or 20 hours straight iwth absolutely no discomfort, theyre the most comfortable headphones ive ever worn

from what i have read on head-fi they are really bass heavy. do you guys find that unamplified the 770 bass is overpowering? i listen to mostly rock, indie and electronic.

i decided to get the dt770s and a pair of grado sr60s. :)

i dont find it as overpowering without an amp. I love pronounced bass and these have that and more, mids are resessed somewhat but with rock/metal its not a bad thing. Mine keep changing as they probably only have a couple hundred hours on them. In cod4 multi i can hear with pinpoint accuracy for hours. The pads are easily changeable and readily available also.

I got the Beyers a few days ago and am loving them so far. They sound especially great with electronic and the bass isn't that overpowering. Also the closed design is perfect to tune out my noisy hardware.

I also got a great deal on some Alessandro MS-1s, so I didn't get the sr60s.

Back