GPUZ - "PerfCap Reason - VRel"

melk

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi folks, I have an MSI Armor 1060 6GB card. When monitoring with gpuz the PerfCap reason is always VRel, which when I mouse over it says Limited by Reliability Voltage.

What the heck does this mean? VOp is operating voltage which I think I understand, basically its not getting enough total voltage. but I don't get that, only the VRel, Reliability Voltage.

Maybe its jumping around too much? Should I use Afterburner to Force Constant Voltage?

Did some testing, Force Constant Voltage in Afterburner absolutely helped, now my clocks do not drop at all while gaming, stable 2088 mhz the whole time @ 1.050 v

This is with Power Limit at max, and +187 on core in Afterburner.

If I add +25% v it will hold 2101 mhz @ 1.075 v

Still says VREL limited though, haha, so who knows. Pushing more than +187 on the cores crashes it pretty quick. I don't need to be on the very edge, I'd rather run the card a few steps back from the absolute limit.

I like that it only forces the higher voltage when under load, at idle it drops down to 0.743v. It also idles at 1544 mhz, which is higher than the best clock I ever got on my 970, which is awesome in it's own right :D

VRel just means the core is unable to step up to the next voltage bin on the Boost curve because the core will become unstable, thus limiting maximum Boost clock. Generally it's nothing to be worried about, as all cards will get this perfcap when running games because the Boost curve is defined beyond the maximum voltage that is reasonable. For example: The Boost curve on my Titan X doesn't stop until around 1.4V, a voltage which would probably kill the chip in very quick order.

Back