cageymaru

Fully [H]
Reddit thread on Warframe's 18.5 update and the new AMD tech being utilized to make the game better for all systems.
[DE_Steve] Optimization coming in 18.5-AMD's mesh optimizer reduces overdraw • /r/Warframe

Warframe a F2P game that is always in the top 10 on Steam as far as people daily playing it, recently utilized GPUOPEN to optimize the game for Update 18.5. Digital Extremes own Steve Sinclair has been bragging for a long time about how great AMD's Mesh Optimizer works. Today Update 18.5 went live and the results are mind blowing! Tootles is the truth!

My frame rate shot out of the roof with this update! I'm seeing 240+ fps in some areas. The game is beautiful; not your conventional F2P title. Since GPUOPEN is free and hardware agnostic, it works just as well on Nvidia's hardware it seems. The game runs so much better now that the development team added in all manner of visual additions to the game. Lights that were once static now flash because they have so much more power on tap for the game. The textures are so much cleaner now. Everything just looks a helluva lot better. Everything. Literally everything! It was a 4GB+ patch to give you an idea on how much stuff changed.

Oh and this is an Nvidia sponsored title. At one point it was bundled with all Nvidia cards.

GPUOPEN is freaking awesome! I can't wait to see what others contribute to the initiative and make gaming better for all budgets in the future. Free tools like this that can be utilized by all graphics cards are what make PC Gaming great. Sharing ideas, utilizing those ideas, and bringing great experiences to the masses.

Today is a great day to be a PC Gamer. :punch:

Last edited:
That is promising. I would definitely like to see widespread adoption in these advancements.

this game doesnt really grab my interest very much....are there any other games using GPUOPEN yet?

Purehair is based on TressFX.
Actually I need to look into that part. It was mentioned that TressFX part 2 if you will was altered when it was decided to add GW (prob independent of that decision). My guess is why they changed the name is because they did alter it somewhat, which is perfectly ok simply because it is open and that is the point. But no matter how it came about that is the best part of GPUopen, the fact that altering is perfectly reasonable and encouraged, somewhat.

I like the GPUopen initiative but only time will tell to see if a wide spread of developers actually start using it. Heck, if AMD can just get the indie developers and small development houses to use it, I'd think that would be a big win for them.

Reddit thread on Warframe's 18.5 update and the new AMD tech being utilized to make the game better for all systems.
[DE_Steve] Optimization coming in 18.5-AMD's mesh optimizer reduces overdraw • /r/Warframe

Warframe a F2P game that is always in the top 10 on Steam as far as people daily playing it, recently utilized GPUOPEN to optimize the game for Update 18.5. Digital Extremes own Steve Sinclair has been bragging for a long time about how great AMD's Mesh Optimizer works. Today Update 18.5 went live and the results are mind blowing! Tootles is the truth!

My frame rate shot out of the roof with this update! I'm seeing 240+ fps in some areas. The game is beautiful; not your conventional F2P title. Since GPUOPEN is free and hardware agnostic, it works just as well on Nvidia's hardware it seems. The game runs so much better now that the development team added in all manner of visual additions to the game. Lights that were once static now flash because they have so much more power on tap for the game. The textures are so much cleaner now. Everything just looks a helluva lot better. Everything. Literally everything! It was a 4GB+ patch to give you an idea on how much stuff changed.

Oh and this is an Nvidia sponsored title. At one point it was bundled with all Nvidia cards.

GPUOPEN is freaking awesome! I can't wait to see what others contribute to the initiative and make gaming better for all budgets in the future. Free tools like this that can be utilized by all graphics cards are what make PC Gaming great. Sharing ideas, utilizing those ideas, and bringing great experiences to the masses.

Today is a great day to be a PC Gamer. :punch:

OP sounds like an AMD marketing piece. I'm glad AMD has an alternative but it probably won't get much traction even if it is "open".

Actually I need to look into that part. It was mentioned that TressFX part 2 if you will was altered when it was decided to add GW (prob independent of that decision). My guess is why they changed the name is because they did alter it somewhat, which is perfectly ok simply because it is open and that is the point. But no matter how it came about that is the best part of GPUopen, the fact that altering is perfectly reasonable and encouraged, somewhat.

It was named TressFX in the Xbone version, and Purehair in the PC one.

That's funny I had tried this game a while back, but didn't much of it and just recently saw it again in my games and uninstalled it not to waste space. Maybe I'll take another look especially if it is using OpenGPU.

That's funny I had tried this game a while back, but didn't much of it and just recently saw it again in my games and uninstalled it not to waste space. Maybe I'll take another look especially if it is using OpenGPU.

I was never interested in this game years ago but today it's actually a really fun F2P MP/Coop game. There's a lot of missions to do and stuff to unlock. It does play like a mobile game though so there's a lot of time locks on building new gear.

Back