GPU-Z: VGA BIOS UEFI Support

PJP

n00b
Anyone got this working in Windows 7 x64 SP1 GPT/UEFI mode?
Asus H81M-V3+Intel HD Graphics G1840

Anyone got this working in Windows 7 x64 SP1 GPT/UEFI mode?
Asus H81M-V3+Intel HD Graphics G1840

Maybe you have an option in the bios set incorrectly would be my first guess? I take it this pc has no graphics card?

Does the built in video on the intel cpu's not have that? looks motherboard related to me

I suspect not if its not showing up in GPU-Z. Could be a hidden setting in the BIOS though, if not present in the current settings.

that little tick box gets ticked when you card is in UEFI mode. you have to have a card with a UEFI or dual bios in UEFI mode for it to show up. my 280x has UEFI and legacy and a little switch to select between. either way, its not going to make any difference if you system is already up and running.
and you're running intel igpu....

that little tick box gets ticked when you card is in UEFI mode. you have to have a card with a UEFI or dual bios in UEFI mode for it to show up. my 280x has UEFI and legacy and a little switch to select between. either way, its not going to make any difference if you system is already up and running.
and you're running intel igpu....
What is your point about intel igpu? lol thats has to do with it how?

didn't mean it as anything really. could that be the issue, that its not uefi? idk that igpu, haven't used an intel igpu in a few years. I'm just used to stand alone cards.

If that box isn't ticked, your machine isn't booting in full UEFI mode. It means you are booting in legacy mode, either by choice or by necessity (due to lack of hardware support for full UEFI mode).

If that box isn't ticked, your machine isn't booting in full UEFI mode. It means you are booting in legacy mode, either by choice or by necessity (due to lack of hardware support for full UEFI mode).
LOL mine is ticked and is Legacy mode ...still on x58 chipset....explain that? IMO all it means is card or whatever is capable (even if ticked)

LOL mine is ticked and is Legacy mode ...still on x58 chipset....explain that? IMO all it means is card or whatever is capable (even if ticked)

No, because in many cases booting the system in legacy mode prevents the string GPU-Z needs from even being passed. When I run the tool, the box is unchecked on my W10 system, even though my card is fully UEFI capable because I had W8.1 running in full UEFI before I switched to legacy mode for the W10 beta. If the box is ticked and you are not in UEFI mode, it's probably a function of your motherboard whether or not that string gets passed through.

Haswell HD graphics definitely support UEFI if the system is booting in that mode. Ivy Bridge and beyond are all 100% compliant with UEFI at a chipset level, but it doesn't necessarily guarantee that the motherboard itself will be.

Well, I tried to disable CSM in BIOS but it failed to boot, even though Windows 7 is installed in UEFI/GPT mode :confused:

Back