GPU usage drops on GPU3 client

Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
663
I need some advice.

Just got a GTS450 :D and installed new drivers and the fermi GPU client. The GPU usage always drops down to 30% after a while. :(

System
- C2D E8400/600W PS
- MSI N450GTS-M2D1GD5/OC (stock settings .... for now)
- Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit (could this be the problem?)
- Nvidia 260.99 drivers
- 6.32 GPU3 systray client (FAHCore_15 currently running)
flags: -forcegpu nvidia_fermi -advmethods -verbosity 9

Nothing else running that may be competing for cycles, dedicated folding rig.

Tried running as admin, rebooting,uninstall/reinstall, no flags etc. No change.

Will post logs in a couple hours.

Any Ideas?
 
it could be if your folding on the E8400. but id say its more likely the drivers.
 
Have you run driver sweeper? I had the same problem with my 460 at first - it took me a week to get everything running correctly. Only a complete uninstall of all nvidia drivers and running driver sweeper cured it for me - you could also try the 258.96 drivers - that's what i'm using b
 
I initially was running the SMP2 client but then disabled it for the rest of the troubleshooting sequence.

It's probably a driver issue as you and Nathan_P pointed out.

It seems like the GPU3 client is not triggering the demand for the GPU to run at 100% but rather at ~30%. If I open a browser or GoogleEarth for example, the GPU3 client takes off and is happy again.
 
I initially was running the SMP2 client but then disabled it for the rest of the troubleshooting sequence.

It's probably a driver issue as you and Nathan_P pointed out.

It seems like the GPU3 client is not triggering the demand for the GPU to run at 100% but rather at ~30%. If I open a browser or GoogleEarth for example, the GPU3 client takes off and is happy again.


yeah its because of the screwed up cuda support in the newer 260.xx drivers. i would try nathans suggestion and completely wipe the nvidia drivers then reinstall. its probably some screwed up left over code from the 258.xx drivers causing a conflict. if that doesnt work then try the 258.96 drivers since i know those work perfectly fine.
 
Back
Top