I'm in the process of doing some upgrades on one of my computers which runs an i7 930 on an MSI X58 PRO-E planar. Have ordered some more RAM and a USB 3.0 expansion card already.
I'm taking a close look at upgrading my GPU as well, but am not sure what would be a good choice of GPU for this kind of refit. Note: this is a refit only, not a red hot gaming monster. I intend to build a new machine using current technology a little later.
Currently the machine is running a pair of Sapphire Radeon 5770 GPUs in Crossfire mode. This was a good setup back when I first built the rig, but I'm not sure it'll work for the CAD, Photoshop and gaming that I'd like to do today. As it is the pair of Radeons can run Solidworks and Photoshop okay, but I can tell they're laboring.
What would you all suggest as a good GPU upgrade for my rig?
(Ignore the system specs in my sig...
)
I'm taking a close look at upgrading my GPU as well, but am not sure what would be a good choice of GPU for this kind of refit. Note: this is a refit only, not a red hot gaming monster. I intend to build a new machine using current technology a little later.
Currently the machine is running a pair of Sapphire Radeon 5770 GPUs in Crossfire mode. This was a good setup back when I first built the rig, but I'm not sure it'll work for the CAD, Photoshop and gaming that I'd like to do today. As it is the pair of Radeons can run Solidworks and Photoshop okay, but I can tell they're laboring.
What would you all suggest as a good GPU upgrade for my rig?
(Ignore the system specs in my sig...