GPU Tweak or Afterburner?

Bulvine

n00b
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
23
Hello All,

I have an Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix. It has a factory boost of 1355mhz, so i'm not sure how much tinkering I will do. But I'm curious which do you guys prefer Asus GPU Tweak or MSI Afterburner?

I'd like to be able to:
1. Monitor GPU temps
2. Show FPS
3. Display GPU Memory Usage.
4. Potentially OC my GPU

Thanks,
 
Last edited:
I've only ever had consistent results with AB. Everything else is either limited in functionality, a buggy mess or both.
 
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure I knew the answer to this I just wanted confirmation. I installed Afterburner and was able to set my OSD to show the info I wanted in game.
 
Another +1 to AB.

The only downside I have is that if there is a video driver crash, it disables any overclock as expected, but also disables any manual fan profile.
So be sure to re-enable to manual fan profile if you use it.
The enable/disable switch for it doesnt get saved with your overclocking profiles.

(To restore an overclock after a driver crash, click the reset button and then select the overclock again. Failing to click reset may prevent some settings sticking when you change them)

There are 2 ways to enable the manual fan profile.
1) In options under fan tick the enable box.
2) On the main AB gui, click on the left side of the fan slider surround.
Also make sure the right side of the surround is selected too to enable auto fan control, otherwise it will just stay at its current speed. Its easy to disable this by accident.
 
Back
Top