GPU Throttling?

Wiseguy2001

2[H]4U
Is it possible for FAHControl to limit the GPU utilisation? SMP folding is fine but the GPU folding is killing the performance of Visual Studio (and other tools), so I need to either turn it off or put a limit on it...

It's a 660Ti. Most apps are fine, even web browsing is usable. It's just choking the GUI's of the development tools that I use for my day job.

yeah, i think the backgrounding of the smp is better than the gpu part, you might just want to turn off the gpu when you are trying to be productive, i haven't seen any options to lower the cores or throttle by percentage like you can with smp. don't know for sure, i'm pretty new to folding

That function of the client is non-functional for GPU folding. Go with bigted says, if you need to make the desktop more usable, pause/stop GPU folding while you use it.

That's fine, I was just hoping there was a setting I could add. Must have to remember to turn it back on again!

Yes, start the print manager. That should bring the fah client to its knees.

There is an environmental variable in the 2.25 core that deals with the way the nVidia core runs/pauses that is part of the reason for the lower PPD when using core 2.25, I am sure it can be adjusted, but the details have never been published by Stanford the only thing they have said is that it was implemented in 2.25 so I have no idea of what the variable command would be.

Back