• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GPU Stand alone cooler?

Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
671
As im going to be doing a new build, and would like to keep it quiet, i have been considering the H70. Is there a stand alone GPU cooler for a 560/570? Or at that point do I just build a WC system. Seems the H70 is worth about $100 CDN, and for a 570/580 WB seem to be about $130-150. So its more to build a whole system then 2 stand alones, but I dont even know if dual stand alones is an option.
 
I haven't researched it but I don't believe there's a stand-alone WC setup for video cards out there given the different layouts and whatnot even from manufacturer to manufacturer. It'd be best to build your own. And if you're going through the trouble why not just add the CPU into the loop?
 
Also keep in mind that high end video cards will output a lot more heat than a CPU. Coolers designed for CPU's may not fair so well on video cards.
 
Just go full watercooling. A good waterblock for the CPU to add into the loop is approximately $25 used, 50 new. Still cheaper than getting a H70 when you have to build a full loop for the 560/570 anyways.
 
There is a cool-it offering for VGA card cooling I believe, but last look it was like $150 or higher so really, no point.
 
Back
Top