GPU Pricing 4Q

The RX 570 is an absolute beast at it's current price. It slaps the 1050Ti in the face and costs less on average.

Word to the wise: don't worry about the 8GB version: it costs way more and won't improve performance except at extreme texture quality. Honestly, turning texture quality down from 'Ultra' to 'Very High' is a worthy sacrifice for saving $30-50.

The RX 570 is an absolute beast at it's current price. It slaps the 1050Ti in the face and costs less on average.

Word to the wise: don't worry about the 8GB version: it costs way more and won't improve performance except at extreme texture quality. Honestly, turning texture quality down from 'Ultra' to 'Very High' is a worthy sacrifice for saving $30-50.
Lowest 4gb RX570 is $160 on Newegg. Pretty great especially since it comes with "$150" of games. (which are pretty good ones if I do say so)

Lowest 4gb RX570 is $160 on Newegg. Pretty great especially since it comes with "$150" of games. (which are pretty good ones if I do say so)

So the games it comes with are good n' all, but the real value comes from Freesync. In one of the stores I work at, we have a RX570 4GB running DOOM 2016 on high-ultra at 1440p on a 144Hz Freesync monitor. It is amazing how good that super-cheap card blasts through that game at 80-120 FPS, smooth as buttered silk.

So the games it comes with are good n' all, but the real value comes from Freesync. In one of the stores I work at, we have a RX570 4GB running DOOM 2016 on high-ultra at 1440p on a 144Hz Freesync monitor. It is amazing how good that super-cheap card blasts through that game at 80-120 FPS, smooth as buttered silk.

Those numbers are pretty impressive the only drawback I can find is that game uses exclusive to AMD instructions. Wondering how much of an impact that has but if you run other games you prolly not get that far.at 1440p which in a way is also a big complement for AMD and Bethesda.

I do not agree with the 4GB vs 8GB comment. I tried both the XFX 570 4GB and 8GB versions, the minimums were far lower on the 4GB version. Therefore, I returned it and purchased the 8GB version, definitely worth it. Now I just have to beat this temptation to buy a Vega 56 to replace it. (No, there is no good reason to do so at 1080p, even with VVR but, it is there.)

I do not agree with the 4GB vs 8GB comment. I tried both the XFX 570 4GB and 8GB versions, the minimums were far lower on the 4GB version. Therefore, I returned it and purchased the 8GB version, definitely worth it. Now I just have to beat this temptation to buy a Vega 56 to replace it. (No, there is no good reason to do so at 1080p, even with VVR but, it is there.)
I thought you had a Fury?

I thought you had a Fury?

Sold those over a year ago when I upgraded to a Vega 56 in my primary computer. :) I have the 570 in my second machine and oddly enough, I have been gaming on it every day for the last 5 days. :D

Back