GPU Overclocking

Funky_Junk

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
353
I just finished overclocking my CPU and i've moved on to my 7800GT. I tried using Coolbits to overclock it. I oc'd it and ran 3dmark05 but didn't see any difference in my score. I then looked and my system recognized the memory overclock but not the core overclock. I then switched over to RivaTuner and tried to oc but it still didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions.
 
Not sure about that one. I'd try uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling.
I just installed the coolbits and the auto-detect said 501/1180 for my eVGA 7800GT. I turned it down to 495/1154 and went from 7036 to 7896 in 3dMark05. 3Dmark05 also detected the correct 495/1154 speed
 
J Macker said:
Not sure about that one. I'd try uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling.
I just installed the coolbits and the auto-detect said 501/1180 for my eVGA 7800GT. I turned it down to 495/1154 and went from 7036 to 7896 in 3dMark05. 3Dmark05 also detected the correct 495/1154 speed

I have an Evga 7800GT CO (stock 470/1100). Cool bit auto detect OC puts it close to 480/1120. I have been able to force it to work under 499/1200 but not without seeing artifacts in games like fear.

Either you have one kick ass card. Or you are not testing it properly. Either way it would be interesting to know what OCes other people are gettin from similar cards. My 3dmark05 score went up by 500 points or so.
 
Back
Top