GPU not pausing..

  • Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Guest
So apparently the GPU client doesn't pause the WU when you tell it to. My computer just locked up with artifacts on the screen due to me playing Killing Floor, a game that isn't that demanding. However, it would appear as if when I paused the client GUI GPU v6, it did not pause it, so I was folding an 8057 WU plus gaming at the sametime. About 15 minutes into the game, my computer locked up. What the hell gives? Do I have to physically shut the client down to pause it?
 
Yes, with v6 you do. It was a bug introduced with Nvidia drivers a believe and it never got worked around on v6, just V7.
 
The latest v7 (7.2.9) is pretty good. I have it running on three of my boxen, two are multi-GPU and the third will be when funds are less tight.
 
i just close the client when gaming then re-open it later.. problem with the v6 client is that it leaves the WU suspended in the video memory which the driver wants to off load but can't. was more of an issue with the GPU2 WU's since they used 400-500mb of video memory compared to the gpu3 WU's. but i guess the GPU3 WU's have finally gotten large enough to be an issue.
 
Back
Top