• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GPU Folding

Seldon

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
32
I have an Integrated ATI Radeon HD4290 GPU on an MSI 890GXM-G65. Is it possible to GPU fold with this? Which settings should I use? everything I try fails.

Also, I have my AMD Phenom 960T running SMP. Is it better to OC the 4 core to 3.6ghz and fold or unlock to 6 core @ 3ghz and fold?

Thanks,
 
I have an Integrated ATI Radeon HD4290 GPU on an MSI 890GXM-G65. Is it possible to GPU fold with this? Which settings should I use? everything I try fails.

Also, I have my AMD Phenom 960T running SMP. Is it better to OC the 4 core to 3.6ghz and fold or unlock to 6 core @ 3ghz and fold?

Thanks,

Since its an AMD integrated gpu, it likely isn't worth it. Currently i'm running my 5870 and the client uses 1 core of my cpu and only nets me about 8k per day, so you'll likely lose ppd taking up one of the cpu cores to run it.
 
Its at the bottom end of the ATI folding tree, personally i don't think its worth it.

As for the CPU, unknown try running a couple of similar units under both configs and see, 6 cores at 3Ghz should get around 9-10k ppd.
 
Last edited:
The estimated PPD is 12.5k using 6 cores. Strangely, running 4 cores at 3ghz was only 5.2kppd.
 
Back
Top