GPU folding from USB flash drive

lassiterb

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2009
Just built a Linux GPU folding setup that does not require a hard drive.

Used the Ubuntu 9.04 usb startup disk creator to create a bootable persistent live flash drive. Then booted from it and mostly followed the guide @ http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6793.

Now I have a diskless GPU folder (with linux SMP too).

Woot!

Does this work with multi GPU and multi SMP?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I will see about making a usb disk image of it after I tweak it a little. I will try to set it up with a script to automatically download and setup the f@h client since It cannot be distributed in it.

I will see about making a usb disk image of it after I tweak it a little. I will try to set it up with a script to automatically download and setup the f@h client since It cannot be distributed in it.

Please do, that would be great!

You can always look at how NotFred does it, his scripts are all open source.

You can always look at how NotFred does it, his scripts are all open source.

May do that, but that part should be easy. Still doing a bit of testing before I make anything available for download and trying to work around a few hiccups with it.

this is just what i'm looking for. We have a ton of laptops around the shop here without hardrives that could be folding away. A plug and play folding OS setup would be sweet.

What would be even better is if i could pre-configure it with my user and team id, put it on like 20 1gig jump drives and plug them in any system that's not being used. I could easily bump my PPD x 5.

Let me know if you've made any progress with this.

whoa this seems cool

EDIT:
I just realized that this is linux? I didnt even know you could GPU fold on linux.

Back