I recently put together a new system using an Asrock A780FullDisplayPort mainboard, AMD X2 4450E and MSI 8800 GTS (320 MB). Now I'm getting some interesting readings from SpeedFan regarding my CPU. It shows a sensor 'CPU' at 46C, with a 'Core' (CPU core) at 24C as I'm typing this. What is the difference between these values, and which one am I to believe? This CPU is a 45 Watt TDP type, with plenty of airflow in the case, so the former value seems a bit high. I'm using the stock cooler, BTW.
Also the GPU core is at 64C in both nVidia Monitor and SpeedFan. This is idling at the desktop. Is this a normal temperature? I didn't try running any 3D applications yet.
Also the GPU core is at 64C in both nVidia Monitor and SpeedFan. This is idling at the desktop. Is this a normal temperature? I didn't try running any 3D applications yet.