GPU 0 and GPU 1 reversed?

noobferguson

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
463
Something I noticed a while ago on my computer but never really thought too hard about:

Currently running two ASUS R9 270s on an Asrock Z77 Extreme4. In Folding@Home, cgminer and GUIminer, the top card is designated as GPU 1 and the bottom card is designated as GPU 0. From what I'm reading about everyone else's rigs, this should be reversed.

The messed up thing is I've seen the same thing on my last motherboard and with two different cards (P67, 560Tis) and just thought it was normal.

What gives?
 
Yeah, on some cgminer rigs I have that... I never stoped to check why cause after mapping out the cards you know what's where and it works fine. Still curious now that I read this.
 
I have a similar issue. The FaH client says my 780 Ti is a 780 and the 780 is a Ti. It took me awhile to figure this out. I thought Newegg had sold me a bunk card. I use my tpfs to identify the cards.
 
I know the BOINC client assigns them according to best performing card. So, it all comes down to the software...
 
Huh.

Well, I just switched around and replugged in the cards, and the same thing happened: "GPU 1" is at the top and "GPU 0" is at the bottom.

In this case, it isn't about anything tied to the cards themselves...
 
Back
Top