GOW III, no not Gears

sirsnits

[H]ard|Gawd
Anybody see the new God Of War III vid, looks pretty sweet.
what do you think.

Looks pretty good from what we can see, ill defo purchase as i love the series, im more psyched about uncharted 2 though, that looks epic!

I'm excited to see what they do graphically with god of war, even though I don't like the first two games. Uncharted is still one of the best looking games I've ever seen, but it feels like little more than a tomb raider reskin to me.

How dare you, Uncharted kills Tomb Raider :D. I love all things god of war so I can not wait for this to come out.

wow...that trailer left me very unimpressed. So cheesy. Damnit I hope another one comes out soon to correct that. And I love GoW 1 and 2.

Other than a few odd seconds of actual gameplay (which was good looking, but not fabulous), the rest of the CGI looked tight.

I'm psyched for this and Uncharted 2. I'm a huge fan of both and can't wait for some more. Uncharted kicks the crap out of Tomb Raider.
Gears 3 will also be awesome :)

it was a short in game teaser but looks promising, i was impressed, i guess we will see when its out.

After hearing Jaffe talking about how it was the second coming of Jesus or sumpthin my hopes were really high, but after seeing the footage I was like "I was expecting more"
but found this tonight posted by Jaffe:

Eat Sleep Play Co-Founder David Jaffe has once again come back to talking about God of War III, reiterating that the footage he previously raved about was not the footage shown during the SpikeTV Video Game Awards. According to Jaffe, the game footage shown in the new trailer is old and the game is already looking 20-30% better.

"What I was raving about has not been shown outside of internal Sony meetings," wrote Jaffe on his blog. "The stuff I saw that I raved about was probably finished 1-2 days before I got to the studios. The Spike stuff I saw had already been turned into Spike so it was 100% older."

"And to give you an idea, the stuff I saw that I raved about looked about 25-30% better than what you see in the Spike footage played on HD. If that’s not exciting and cool enough for you, fair enough. It happened to blow me away and remains the best looking console game I’ve ever seen."

That statement makes me feel alot better, and Jaffe doesn't bullshit, so I'm crossing my fingers. God of War is my all-time favorite franchise so I would really like to see what he seen.

:rolleyes:
All hail Cliffy B.
:rolleyes:

GoW 3 looks great, but probably won't be getting it.
BTW, there is only one GoW. God of War.

Cliffy is a raging asshat....happy? Note the fanboy's natural response...bring up something that has fuckall to do with what we're talking about!

Haha... I reckon the game will look great, and I'm looking forward to it.

But Jaffe doesn't bullshit? Give me a break!

Yeah, I hope that was sarcasm. Jaffe IS bullshit.

Well he's more or less on Sony's camp and when he was commenting on GoW 3's graphic's he also stated Gears 2 was his game of the year, which I think says alot.

And I meant when it comes to games he doesn't bullshit, not fuckin youtube.

Well he's more or less on Sony's camp and when he was commenting on GoW 3's graphic's he also stated Gears 2 was his game of the year, which I think says alot.

And I meant when it comes to games he doesn't bullshit, not fuckin youtube.

I suggested him to finish MGS4 on GAF and he's since changed his opinion on GOTY. ;)
Check his Dec 9 YouTube vid.

BTW, there is only one GoW. God of War.

Um, no, there is not only one GoW. If you go to Xbox centric forums, Epic.com forums, you will find that they all use GOW for talking about Gears of War.

If you go to PS centric forums, you will find that they all use GOW for talking about God of War.

If you get a mix in one conversation, people add an "e" to GOW.

Off your high horse.
high_horse.jpg

God of War 3 looking SICK! I'm gonna beast down in this game so hard. If I work for 1 Platinum trophy, it's gonna be GoW3's!

I've always found "Gears" far better than "GoW".

apples to oranges here mate. though its hard to match the glee of a chainsaw in someones back and watch blood and gore splatter all over your screen ^_^

both are good games though

apples to oranges here mate. though its hard to match the glee of a chainsaw in someones back and watch blood and gore splatter all over your screen ^_^

both are good games though

I think that he meant calling the game "gears" is far better than calling it "GOW".

Haha, I just prefer to call the game by it's full title.

GoW, will and always will be Garden of War for me (Warcraft II if anyone remembers :D)

Haha, I just prefer to call the game by it's full title.

GoW, will and always will be Garden of War for me (Warcraft II if anyone remembers :D)

Haha, I was going to throw out the "God of War received the GOW name since it was released BEFORE Gears" but then I remembered Garden :)

Looks good. I am excited about this one coming out. I have a PS3, but would probably be willing to part with some of my money for a new one if a God of War 3 edition comes out. I am thinking something along the lines of the MGS4 PS3 with backwards compatibility. One can hope at least...

Back